He Speaks!

Moderator: Mods

inept

He Speaks!

Post by inept »

Finally, at around 15 months of age, Ruffle decided to start speaking. He's got such a charming little voice! :o

Now it's peek-a-boo this and peek-a-boo that. Best part is, I think he learned it by watching a YouTube video from my shoulder.
Janet

Talking bird

Post by Janet »

I love it when my birds talk. I was cooking dinner the other night and Bird said, "Whatcha doing?" I said I wasn't doing much and asked what he was doing. He said "No, whatcha doing?" so I told him I was cooking dinner. He said, "Oh, good boy". I thought it was hilarious.
rose_2783

Post by rose_2783 »

IRN's are on the list of the Ten best talking birds in the world. I haven't looked up the revised list in a while, but I thought they were between seven and ten on the list.
U.S Marine

Re: He Speaks!

Post by U.S Marine »

inept wrote:Finally, at around 15 months of age, Ruffle decided to start speaking. He's got such a charming little voice! :o

Now it's peek-a-boo this and peek-a-boo that. Best part is, I think he learned it by watching a YouTube video from my shoulder.
Wait so what should i do wen my bird is on my shoulder?
inept

Post by inept »

I guess you should watch videos of Ringnecks talking so that he can watch along with you! Ruffle now also says "Whatcha doin!" and "Hello!"
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Ha Ha Ha
Congratulations. I know the feeling when they start to speak. It’s amazing and well worth the wait. It’s funny how we want them to talk, and then when they start talking, we can’t shut them up—man, you gotta love ringnecks. Again, congradulations on your work and give your ringneck a treat for me :wink: .

U.S Marine
LoL. There is nothing you need to do to get your ringneck to talk. Just talk to him/her and it will start talking. Some start early and others start later. People would always look at me weird when I talked to my bird; however, it really paid off.
Just talk to it while watching TV, reading the mail/book, or talking to family/friends—they so much want to interact with us that they’ll start to pick up words. Hope this helps :wink: .

Best of wishes,

imran
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Thank you, i guess i just have to keep talking to S/he.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

You got it :wink:

Best of luck my friend :wink:

Imran
courtney

Post by courtney »

It is so amazing when they say their first words. I just get so excited. It’s like a baby taking their first step.
Mom too, Two Jack Russell Terriers, Rocky & Jack, Six Chinnies, Three Fish Tanks, One Ringneck, Chiquita & One Conure, Boomer.