NEWBIE QUESTION

Moderator: Mods

dreamspirit

NEWBIE QUESTION

Post by dreamspirit »

Hi, I just got my first IRN. It is a female and about 3 years old. She is very tame. However I'm thinking about getting a sun conure which is a year old. I'm not sure if it's a male or female but i would like to house them together in a huge cage.
Both birds have been around other birds but not in the same cage. Do you think they would get along in the same cage?

Thanks so much!!

Tracey
countrygal_cc

Two or One?

Post by countrygal_cc »

Hello I don't think I would put them in the same cage it wouldn't be a good idea because they are two different birds. I have a cockatiel and I keep her in another cage from cupcake. IRNs I believe likes other birds but likes to be to themselves. :-) Misty
Park outside where the air is cool...
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

I wouldn't put them together both these birds are older and will fight for territory They will fight and one or both will sustain injury's that could be very extensive and will end up costing you alot mor money then it would to buy another cage. just my opinon I have 6 birds and they all have their own cages and are allot happier this way.
Fah

Post by Fah »

You may need to resize your avatar CC >.<

EDIT: rarr now its awsome
Last edited by Fah on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeny

Post by greeny »

I would not put them in the same cage. Especially a female IRN, no matter how tame to humans, will be territorial of her cage. If you put her with a conure, you could have a lot of trouble. I have three IRNs, each has it's own cage. They can play outside together, but if I put them in the same cage: World War III!!