Hello All !!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Rhonda L.

Hello All !!

Post by Rhonda L. »

My name is Rhonda, I recently agreed to give a home to an IRN. Her name is Isabella, Bella for short. Bella is a beautiful Blue.
She was rescued by my best friend. Bella was tossed out into an enclosed back yard and was left out in the elements for almost 3 1/2 weeks, when her owners fled the state (they were illegals in America) and was very thin when my Friend found her. She took her to the vet and he said all was well with her , but she definitely needed nutrition and hydration. And she is banded, so she is legal.
She wouldn't let anyone near her cage without totally freaking out and clung to a toy in her cage. (I've not taken the toy out yet because I believe that she still needs that bit of security yet)
We have had her almost a week, and she now allows me to do what needs to be done with her cage. But so far I've not tried to touch her. I introduced her to watermelon and she loves it ! She will chatter at me and watch everything I do.
The vet says that Bella is around a year and a half old at the most. I think she is just wonderful and she won my heart before she even came to be with me.
We will more than likely look for an appropriate suitor for Isabella one day because we think she would enjoy the company and we are fully in Love with IRN's now !!
We are currently building an Aviary for Bella and hoping that she will enjoy the extra freedom this will give her. (She doesn't really like to go outside at this point and time because I believe she has a fear of being abandoned again) It breaks my heart that such a loving creature had to undergo such a traumatic experience. But I am so glad that Bella came into our lives and will have the loving,caring home that she deserves.
bec

Post by bec »

omg poor baby
how lucky she is your friend
found her & brought you 2
together!!! your right about her toy its probably
her security blanket
you have done an absolutly fabulous thing taking her in
bless you
any thing you want to know post a question there will be somebody who knows
Bella

Post by Bella »

Poor baby not the best start in life but im sure she will have the best from now :D Welcome and well done for doing such a great thing
Oh and not forgetting the fantastic name :lol:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

Bella wrote:Poor baby not the best start in life but im sure she will have the best from now :D Welcome and well done for doing such a great thing
Oh and not forgetting the fantastic name :lol:

somehow bella i just knew youd say that
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh by the way rhonda i love blues & cant wait to see pics of your baby
Rhonda L.

Post by Rhonda L. »

Thanks for the replies and yes..... the name Bella rocks !! Well...tried to get her to come out of her cage and I seriously need to get her # off her band.. but alas...She did NOT like it...but did enjoy being out for which I got bitten but good! And yes my friend is awesome !! She has a Cockatoo named Money and he alerted her that there was something wrong next door.(very smart Money is.) :wink:
I have a few pics of Bella that were taken by my friend when she found her, (I've not taken any of my own yet) But I've not quite figured out how to insert them here :shock: Help !!
I keep Bella next to me where ever I am in the house and talk to her constantly in hopes that she will grow to trust me. Any help with this would be highly appreciated :mrgreen: [/img][/url]
bec

Post by bec »

you are doing fantasic!!!! what you said in the lat post is exactly what people told me to do when i first got kieron keep her close to you let her get to know you arnet going to hurt her
talking is also good because they are social bird &&if you havemore than on eyou will find they talk to each other alot :roll: ( i have 3 &3 teenagers)
in the photo forum there is a sticky post that tells you how to post pics
realy looking forward to seeing pics it would be great to have a pic of money too i mean after all he is a hero and should be spoiled rotten for being so clever!!!!!!!!
bec

Post by bec »

oooh i forgot 1 thing :oops: for getting her used to you figure out what her favourite foods are
at first feed them to her through the side of the cage as she will feel safer coz you cant grab her through the bars the as she gets more comfortable with you feed her things when shes outside the cage i found attempting to feed a scared bird through the door of the cage just freaks them more
with bella she may rush at the food a little (my kieron loks like hes going to full on attack me when hes taking food from my hand because he is very scared of hands i think bella could rush at food a bit because she has been a very hungry girl
but if you flinch she will think omg there a reason to be scared here!!!!!
the treats ive found work the best for over coming scary hands are
brocolli
spinach (mine like the baby leaves the best)
&popcorn(no salt no butter) our liitle green one riku will stand on anyones head to pinch the popcorn :lol: in the photo forum see rikus found a new chair or the taming of the riku
be patient it will take time but it will be well worth it
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a sad story, with hopeflly a much better ending. :)

It never ceases to amaze me just how uncaring and very cruel some people can be. But I am glad your friend found Bella and has given her to you. :)

Oh and not forgetting you Rhonda..... A big Image from me :D
azringneckfound

Post by azringneckfound »

How is Bella doing these days? Hope she is adjusting well... :)