Obsession with teeth?

Moderator: Mods

Patrick

Obsession with teeth?

Post by Patrick »

Okay, I thought that Charlie Parker had a case of the spring hornies and had fallen madly in love with me, but now he's acting weird to my friends as well. He is completely obsessed with teeth--he looks into your eyes and then tries and tries to beak your front teeth. He'll bite them gently and won't stop trying to get his head inside your mouth to bite and lick them--and he won't give up if you close your mouth or put a hand over it, he'll just try to open your lips with his beak if he can't see your teeth. Nothing aggressive or angry, he's very gentle but he won't quit. Any idea what's going on?
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

No, but Gelly goes through her tooth fixations too. Not sure what gets her over it, but it goes away after a while. They are so funny
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Jibby went through an obsession with the inside of mouths once. He would go for the tongue or teeth, so we had to be careful and keep him well away from open mouths, because he did hurt. But he grew out of it. Odd!
Just remember human saliva isnt very good for them. But I know sometimes they can just be curious buggas!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

Yep petey does the same... he'll sit on our shoulders for ages watching us talk with his lil head peeking round staring at yr mouth moving when yr talking lol... he doesn't bite tho
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

That's it exactly--when he isn't actively trying to lick your teeth he'll sit on your shoulder for hours with his little head poking around your cheek while he stares at your teeth with that fascinated look in his eyes. I guess we'll just hope that he gets over it and learn to accept the little green weirdo! :lol:
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

OMG I thought MY green featherbutt was the only who did that! Nala will try and try to climb in my mouth if I'm not careful. If I take a snooze in the afternoon and she is out, I have to make sure my mouth doesn't flop open or I will have a mouth full of IRN when I wake up!! LOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

Holy! Kalamazoo! what a cool place name!!!!!