Help me interpret my Tweety's legband

Moderator: Mods

larrylow

Help me interpret my Tweety's legband

Post by larrylow »

Dear fellow members, I have a lutino bearing leg band inscription DY 16 3 NB 95. Can anyone help me interpret it. The previous owner can only help me with its approximate hatching date i.e Jan/Feb 2007!!!
Donna

Post by Donna »

I have never seen a leg band with so many numbers. I don't see any where that indicates it was hatched in 2007. I think the first set of letters would be the breeders initials and then the 16 3 would be march 16 and the NB would be the state the breeder was in and the 95 would be the hatch year. So I'm a bit confused on this one cause you said your bird is only 6 months old. This is a very odd leg band but a breeder can have anything put on them. Is any of the letters or numbers turned side ways?

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
larrylow

leg band

Post by larrylow »

Thank you so much for your help Donna. I will try to have another look this evening. Its a very young bird as far as I can tell, as its feathers are very juvenile and unlike adult plumage. Can you imagine if it was hatched in 1995? It would be celebrating its 12th. "hatchday" and going on 13th. God Willing. At present it (Tweety) is undergoing treatment for lice and looks rather scruffy. The vet has prescribed some antibiotics and vitamin supplements. Do you have any tips on the administration of liquid antibiotics? Tweety does not seem to finish the laced drinking water. I'm afraid that it might not be getting enough of the medication. BTW Tweety is eating and behaving very normal and no longer plucking its feathers. Regards Larry.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hey Larry you might try putting his meds in a syringe and wrapping him in a towel and giving it to him by mouth.

An example of my leg bands I put on my babies looks like this

P&P MI. 07 004

P&P Is for Pip-n-Peep Aviary MI. 07 is Michigan year 2007 sideways and the 004 is a number I give to that baby it was the forth baby that my breeding pair give me, that number changes with every baby. I like banding my babies so you always have the date when they were hatched but in your case I'm not sure :cry: Hope this helps ya some.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

I would have said that it was hatched in 95 too. Mine have my drivers license number on them so if they are stolen the person that has them will have a hard time explaining what the numbers mean and I wont.
larrylow

leg band

Post by larrylow »

Thanks guys, I will try the direct method as suggested. I wish I could change the inscription on tweety's leg band to reflect what Julie did to her charges. It sure is a good way to identify your pet if the need arises.
larrylow

leg band

Post by larrylow »

Ok had another look at the band. There does not appear to be any other inscriptions. I guess it will remain a mystery.Thank you guys. Just got my DNA results and it is a SHE.