Pedestal fans..

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Pedestal fans..

Post by Lauren »

Be careful this summer even with pedestal fans. With some warmer weather around, I have brought out into the main room the pedestal fan. Being the adventurous Yoda he is, he thought it was the new play gym. It wasn't on thankfully! But he still got his toes caught inbetween the cage thing that covers the actual fan. I had to pick every toe out slowly with him growling something shocking and biting! Not to mention Jibby always wanting to 'help' anytime Yodas in trouble. Hes now sitting on my shoulder with one foot up still growling. :cry: Jibby is trying to comfort him.
I think he might just be in shock, he seems to walk okay and can climb up to my shoulder. I'll keep an eye on it for now. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im *fairly* intelligent, usually.... :lol:

I also understand why its winter in some places, while summer in another. But it still messes with my head.

Ok, so when it is warm here, its is cold in Aussie Land? And vice-versa, right?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Yeah, since they're on the other side of the equator. Now, our part of the earth is tilted away from the sun, and they're tilted towards it, longer days as ours grow shorter.

Of course, were nearish the equator so we don't see the extremes like peeps up north (and waaaaaay in the south) do. :shock:

Who ever decided what was north and what was south anyway? It could have easily gone the other way around- since there is no up or down in space. But, I guess the maps look prettier with the current north... ^_~
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Yep, Summer is from December (hot xmas!) to Feb/March here. But it warms up during November. Already had some scorchers so far. Everyone wants rain here, because of the drought, and we need it but I LOVE sticky boiling days. :D Its also daylight savings time which means sun stays up so we can have BBQs at 9pm on sticky warm nights! Well, ok.. it means something else.. but thats all I know. :lol:
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Must be something in the air (but I have that blonde excuse, Mik). I get that it is summer down under, but was thinking this thread was about putting cages on stands rather than hanging them......thought pedestal might be an oz'ism for a cage stand. (sneaks off to look up a pedestal fan, which is obviously NOT someone who thinks pedestals are wonderful)
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: That totally flew over my head!

A pedestal fan is just a fan on a stand. Nothing to do with birdie cages, they just have a cage around the actual fan. Hmm.. kapish?.. what do you call them? Well, thats what I call em anyways. I'm a little confused now. I think the blondness is spreading. :lol:
julie

Post by julie »

We have ducted in our house. It has been pretty hot here lately, the road melted on the way out to aarons work, it was like water was sitting on the road but it was the bitumen :shock:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

The road melted!? :shock: I think there will be a few trips to my mums this summer.. for the air con! :lol: