which is the best colour???

Moderator: Mods

IMR4N

which is the best colour???

Post by IMR4N »

what colour do people preffer in IRNs i personally own a grey IRN but would preffer an older green IRN because the colours around thier throats i think is amazing
greenwing05

Post by greenwing05 »

Hi,

All IRNs are very beautiful. MY green IRN is very beautiful and my favorite color personally. Green males have such distinct and sharp markings that are amazing. Hope that helps!

~Daryl
katraz

Post by katraz »

I like the blue mutation,,, but i have a green irn,,, you've got to pick one that you like the personality of though, not just the colour.

Never seen a grey irn ,, you should post some pics of it
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

http://www.metricwoman.netfirms.com/parrots.html

i couldn't figure out how to up load the pictures on to the forum so there is a link to some picture i took today theres not many i dint have time to take many more sorry.[/url]
greenwing05

Post by greenwing05 »

Wow what an interesting solor. Is it a female? You don't see very many grey IRN's! :o

~Daryl
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

it seems to be a male but who knows i'll have to wait and see ina couple of years. greays an albinos ar rarly seen. im looking for an albino IRN.
greenwing05

Post by greenwing05 »

Well if you happen to get an albino, don't forget to post pictures on the board! I'd love to see them.
Greg Sujecki

Post by Greg Sujecki »

WOW..,love the colour of your grey IMR4N.How old is it.send more photo's please, never seen a grey with such deep colour like that. :) Personnally colour doesn't matter to me as long as the personality is right.Though Blue is my favourite colour so l own a Blue one. :)
Greg, Mylo and the flock!
katraz

Post by katraz »

first time i've seen a grey one...nice
doremon

Post by doremon »

I actually like grey coloured ringnecks very much. I saw one cinnemon one when I was considering a ringneck. However, they are more expensive than the green or blue ones (at least in New Zealand). You are lucky to have one!

Regards
Doremon
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

thank you all for your kind comments. he is about 4 months old i think. hes currently bluffing and has drawn blood an more that 1 occasion. i will be sure to post more pictures. and if i get an albino i'll be sure to post pictures of them to. he is currently murmuring to him self i think he may be trying to talk. i found this website when i was researching on IRNs before i got my first one (in the UK) i didnt know there were so many colours and mutations. click the link and have a look at all of the mutaions types you can get. my favourate is half sider green-blue.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

thank you all for your kind comments. he is about 4 months old i think. hes currently bluffing and has drawn blood an more that 1 occasion. i will be sure to post more pictures. and if i get an albino i'll be sure to post pictures of them to. he is currently murmuring to him self i think he may be trying to talk. i found this website when i was researching on IRNs before i got my first one (in the UK) i didnt know there was so many colours and mutations. click the link and have a look at all of the mutaions types you can get. my favourate is half sider green-blue.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

What a good topic!

To me, the green male holds the number one spot. The colors are amazing!

I then enjoy the female gray ringneck. The colors are so soothing and sleek.

Then the blues and yellows! I do find though that most people prefer the blue ringneck. :wink:

Imran Chaudhry
Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

I like the green males the best - so that's what we got!
:)

I also like the double violets and the blues with white heads (splits?), but those are pretty hard to find mutations.
Dani03

Um...I'm getting an albino IRN

Post by Dani03 »

Yep I finally found my baby. She is weaning right now and she is so sweet. Her name is Princess (more than likely it'll stay that way :lol:) She is awfuly stubborn right now and is being stubborn about weaning. The breeder laughed and said that she'd going to be a needy bird. Gonna have my hands full with this one. Personally I like the albino ringnecks the best.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My Irn is very deep emerald green with baby blue tail feathers. Her mama was blue and her daddy was green. The breeder said he babies would be blue. Is this true or is there no way to really tell? How can one presume future mutations... I dont believe have to what he says, to be honest with you.
~ Mikaela Sky

Nancy

Post by Nancy »

everyone refering to their babies as he or she. have they been surgically sexed or are you just guessing? any personality traits that might indicate male or female at a young age. i have a green 4 month old that i've had since it was about 2 and 1/2 months. very skittish at first, as the breeder warned, but i was determined to give it a good home. baby Mango is really responding to the attention and freedom and toys. still a little hand shy, though, but i think in time, it will be a great pet. will come up on my shoulder with very little coaxing and will hang out with a treat while we do the couch potato thing. the only problem i'm having is my cockatiel if very jealous so i'm doing some refereeing. hope they will tolerate each other a little more as time goes by. i think it's a territorial thing. it's really a full time job keeping both these birds happy, but as we know, it's well worth it...... :?:
doremon

Post by doremon »

It was actually the other way round for me. My cockatiel loves my IRN and would just follow it around all day long. In fact, he is quite bossy, and always 'demand' that my IRN Hoogie be around him. However, they do bicker occasionally. I have to look out and make sure that Hoogie does not hurt my cockatiel as he has bitten the cockatiel's toes before and they bled.

Regards
Doremon