Fruit Kerbabs

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

Fruit Kerbabs

Post by Gemstone »

Hi all,
Today was the first day i have made a fruit kerbab for the boys this one consits of pineapple, kiwifruit and coconut adn they love it stright into it.

Toby sits on his swing holding it in his foot while eating it nad Amazon jumps from his his swing teo the side of the cage to eat his, so now i have moved some thing around in amazons cage so he doesn thave to hang off the cage while eatting.

Its so great to watch them enjoy some of there faviourite fruits.

Cheers Sharlene
Adam and Dude
Hestia

Post by Hestia »

I thought about getting a kabob stick for Indie, but wasn't sure how well it would go over, but it works pretty well, huh?
Maybe next time I am at the store I will have to pick one up.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hello Hestia,

Yes, it’s very convenient for them to eat from a stick. It is also very stimulating as well. I have to second that as well about enjoying watching your parrots eat what you prepare. I’ll cut fresh fruits and veggies just to watch my parrot mess up my hard work :roll:

Thanks for sharing and give your Ringnecks an extra kabob for us! :wink:

Best wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Great to hear you making your fids happy :D

I hear ya Imran. I'll prepare plates of food as most of the birds eat communally from two plates. Jordan :roll: proceeds to stand in the middle of the plate and begins to pick up and toss off anything he is not interested in that day. Funniest thing to watch, and my kids narate his actions;

"don't want that"
"what's that doing on there !"
"ewww green stuff get rid of that" :lol:

In all honesty I think he is just like a kid and loves to play with his food, he loves to run to an edge and watch it drop to the floor. :roll: sigh!

might be time for me to go get some kebab gear too. Not that I think that will stop Jordan from messing things up.

I have heard its great stimulation if you make it hard for your birds to get at their food, eg. a food ball, or net etc. I have a ball to fill but only ever used it once.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

now i know its not that hard really i make them a new one every day, i add different things to them like carrots and chicken out boys LOVE chicken and a few other things the boys like eating
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Good to hear the fids are eating goodness! They can be so fussy sometimes. Jibbys started growling at food he doesn't like and looks at me like, 'you expect me to eat that!' spoiled brat! Oh, Jibs fave is chicken, he goes crazy over chicken.

Yummo, fruit kebabs! Now you got me craving fruit. :wink: I'd live on fruit if it wasnt so expensive lately. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year