toooooo picky

Moderator: Mods

toooooo picky

Post by Guest »

My little honeybird will NOT eat hardly anything but seed. She will sometimes eat a little apple. Loves peanuts. I bought her some Zupreem fruity stuff but she will not touch it. I am sure just seed mix is not good for her. Any suggestions.......I've tried giving her veggies and fruits. She will eat a little birdie bread. But not much of it...She also will not play with all the toys in her cage.....Could that be because for the first 3 years of her life she didnt have anything to play with?

Ok second thing......I went to a little pet store in the "little" town I live in to get bird food. First the store was in someones house. Second, as soon as I walked in I almost threw up. It was soooo dirty and nasty. FLies and gnats were everywhere. I proceeded to look around and when I got to the back of the store a small cage (and I mean small) were about 25 parakeets in that little cage. AND one was dead on the bottom. I guess the lady thought I saw the bird so she got him out and was saying, " I dont know why they are eating each other, I keep food in there for them." and the cage itself was covered with gnats and flies.
Ok here is my question......Is there a way to report her to someone?
savannahhorse

Post by savannahhorse »

not sure why I'm showing as a guest....savannahhorse
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

you should be able to report them to the aspca and to your local humane society...I would start there.

I am not sure what advice to offer on the selective feeding...my IRN's are piglets that eat anything in sight :)

To transition from seed to pellets takes time. Slowly decrease seed while increasing pellets, some say soaking pellets in apple juice has been helpful. Mine (thankfully) made the transition fairly easily.