Hello New to site

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

JOANNA

Hello New to site

Post by JOANNA »

Hello everyone My name Is JoAnna I reside in Texas . I am also the proud Mom of Kiwi and Blue boy ,IRN :D I also have white capped pionus Stormy and two Sun Conures Day day and BOBO! I have a question My IRN blue boy isn't that old .Will be two in sept.I took Kiwi she is about three I was told . I was wondering if I could place them in the same cage? to honest not sure if two females or two males. They seem to get along out side the cage. I will post pictures soon and maybe some one could tell me . Thank you for any information JoAnna [/list]
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hey Joanna,
Welcome to the board. I'm not really sure if you could put your babies in the same cage or not. I know I couldn't do that with mine. They TOLERATED each other for a few months when I first brought Remmi home but then decided they didn't want anything to do with the other. So I'm not really sure what to tell you. Sorry. Hopefully someone will jump on and be able to give you the proper answer. But anyway, welcome to the board! Please post often and ask any questions you may have. We'll try to answer to best of our knowledge. And we love pics. And they don't just have to be of your IRNS. We love all animals and birds!
goro

babies together

Post by goro »

the genral rule of thumb is not to keep them together.
1. they will bond to each other and not to u
2. they will be less tame
3. girls get nasty ( super pms ) when they are in mating mode and been known to kill the male.
4. they have less tendency to talk if they are together

personally 1,2,4 i never brought stock in beause i have had missed experinces with my irns in past. \
but number 3 i have seen to happen in front of my eyes and usally female are nasty when they are in that rut .

Now personally i have kept all my birds seperate except for the breeders ( thank got im out can't stand hand feeding) but the reason why i like to keep them seperate are

1. so they have escape hole jsut in case they get in fight
2. so i know each bird is fed and has eaten.

so it more of a personal choice that you have to make on your owne
goro
JOANNA

Thanks for the information

Post by JOANNA »

[b] Thank for the information . Well I agree they seemed not to want to be together . I opened there cage and they completely stay out of each other space . Kiwi calls like I baby chick begging for food. What time of year do they mate? I will try and post.Pictures this week . Thanks again for the information . :D