HELP ME PLEASE! (Urgent)

Moderator: Mods

Parrotlover101

HELP ME PLEASE! (Urgent)

Post by Parrotlover101 »

So iam new to this form and I want to know a couple of things.

My story: so I got my beautiful Alex about 1 month ago and he is doing really good eating and drinking well and also he is making tons of noises he is only about 6 months old right now and I have a couple of questions.

1. When I got him his nails were very big so I tried to clip them but one started bleeding i treated it properly and it stopped and he's ok now (i know now I should file his nails) but lately he has been picking at his nails is this normal?

2. I know which poops are normal and which are not but his poop is very watery, he drinks a lot of water but his poop is mostly clear water. And solid green feces i want to know if this is normal

3. He is active mostly but sometimes he is fluffed for 1 hour straight but then he becomes normal and starts eating and drinking and playing is this normal?

4. His eye is a bit red on the outside like the putter circle has that shade i dont know if this is just how he is supposed to look or what

5. when i go up to him he will sometimes start biting his nails, is this normal for them to bite their nails?

6. When will get his ring around his neck? ( he is a male btw)
Last edited by Parrotlover101 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parrotlover101

Re: HELP ME PLEASE! (Urgent)

Post by Parrotlover101 »

He is puffed up in this image
Attachments
he is puffed up
he is puffed up
IMG_3128__1404509507_69.206.235.9.jpg (16.68 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

his feces
Attachments
IMG_3127__1404509526_69.206.235.9.jpg
IMG_3127__1404509526_69.206.235.9.jpg (22.27 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

His rings around his eyes are kind of very light shade of orange or red
Attachments
IMG_3126__1404509469_69.206.235.9.jpg
IMG_3126__1404509469_69.206.235.9.jpg (13.53 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Parrotlover101 wrote:So iam new to this form and I want to know a couple of things.

My story: so I got my beautiful Alex about 1 month ago and he is doing really good eating and drinking well and also he is making tons of noises he is only about 6 months old right now and I have a couple of questions.

1. When I got him his nails were very big so I tried to clip them but one started bleeding i treated it properly and it stopped and he's ok now (i know now I should file his nails) but lately he has been picking at his nails is this normal?
Yes, this is normal enough. Also don't bother clipping his nails and risk hurting him. Get him something abrasive to walk on like a rough-edged perch and that should keep his nails down.

Parrotlover101 wrote:
2. I know which poops are normal and which are not but his poop is very watery, he drinks a lot of water but his poop is mostly clear water. And solid green feces i want to know if this is normal
Sounds normal to me. Don't worry. Just keep feeding fruits, vegetables, seeds, and grains. Just be sure you have confirmed the food is not on the list of poisonous stuff

Parrotlover101 wrote:
3. He is active mostly but sometimes he is fluffed for 1 hour straight but then he becomes normal and starts eating and drinking and playing is this normal?
Yep, no problem.. he's just chillin out

Parrotlover101 wrote:
4. His eye is a bit red on the outside like the putter circle has that shade i dont know if this is just how he is supposed to look or what
You're good to go here too

Parrotlover101 wrote:

Where is number 5? :P
Parrotlover101 wrote:
Inside of a year you should see the first hints of his ring. Between 2 and 2.5 years the ring should be fully developed. I've heard it can take longer, but I'm still sure the ring will start showing early on, if even a little.
Parrotlover101

Post by Parrotlover101 »

Donovan wrote:
Parrotlover101 wrote:So iam new to this form and I want to know a couple of things.

Yes, this is normal enough. Also don't bother clipping his nails and risk hurting him. Get him something abrasive to walk on like a rough-edged perch and that should keep his nails down.

Parrotlover101 wrote:
Sounds normal to me. Don't worry. Just keep feeding fruits, vegetables, seeds, and grains. Just be sure you have confirmed the food is not on the list of poisonous stuff

Parrotlover101 wrote:
Yep, no problem.. he's just chillin out

Parrotlover101 wrote:
You're good to go here too

Parrotlover101 wrote:

Where is number 5? :P
Parrotlover101 wrote:
Inside of a year you should see the first hints of his ring. Between 2 and 2.5 years the ring should be fully developed. I've heard it can take longer, but I'm still sure the ring will start showing early on, if even a little.

Sorry i forgot number 5

5: sometimes when i go up to him he will start biting his nails is this normal?
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

5 was there,.. sorry... my mistake.. i must have been having some kind of glitch because i double checked and it wasn't there lol

biting nails is fine