Marley actualy tried something new, wow

Moderator: Mods

natalie

Marley actualy tried something new, wow

Post by natalie »

I have been trying to get Marley to eat more varied diet but he wasnt having any of it. But this morning i was waiting for the kettle to boil , staring into space, as u do when u first wake up. Anyway i was munching on a cracker. Marley started to chirp at me and paceing up and down a perch, so i broke a piece off and offered it to him, and he took it, no hesitation and ate it all. Such a small thing u might think but firstly it was a wholegrain cracker which is good for him but its a step forward in the right direction :) .
I must say it was kireina who advised me to let Marley see me eat whatever it is i want him to try but it hadnt worked up until i stopped trying so hard, typical :wink: Nataliexxxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
elaine

Post by elaine »

Natalie, that is so cool. Smokey wants anything I am eating, especially if i don't offer it to him. I have started to say 'yum yum' while eating in front of him. Now if i have food in my hand and say 'yum yum' he comes running. Worth a try!! It is a big step for you. Congrats you must be so excited. :D
julie

Post by julie »

indie has decided he likes vegemite or jam toast.he goes nuts if he sees fruit and chases tiffany around the house for it .im sure it wont be too long before marley does that to you.
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

ok, explain this to me. My birds will grudgingly eat pellets, however if I make them into bicuits with organic honey, few nuts, craisins and a sprinkle of seed they dive on it. By the way, my 7yo has just worked out that the rest of chicken tastes as good as the drumstick so maybe it's a family thing. :roll:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Prinny will try to eat ANYTHING I am eating...and gets so upset if I don't share. I have to give her something to chew on if I am not going to share

Dani and Prinny
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Louis gets upset too if I'm eating without him... although I'm sure he eats ALL day long when I'm not here and he doesn't share w/me! lmfao
~the stubborn one~
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Birds are very social creatures. In the wild they group together to eat, so it makes sense that in our homes they want to eat when we are.

Dinnertime around here is a crazy experience. Folks who haven't dined with us before can get a bit weirded out by the fact there are birds AT the table, sometimes on the table. (Mazzie is well known for mashed potato walking)

We feed everyone when we eat, and even the most reluctant eaters will gobble because its flock time to eat!

Athena
Jade

Post by Jade »

My chooky is the same. We have to physically restrain him at dinner otherwise he perches up on lonnie's shoulder and eats his vegies (which lonnie of course, is only too happy to share). Breakfast is the same, chook will bite my ear if i'm not fast enough with morsels of my food.
elaine

Post by elaine »

Last night I had pumpkin soup and a bread roll for my dinner. Smokey wanted some of my roll - but dipped in the soup!!! When I gave him a bit that was dry he immediately dropped it on the floor. When dipped in the soup he loved it. When that was gone he then wanted to try what was on my spoon!! I was so cute.
jos_rulz1311

Post by jos_rulz1311 »

its really funy nearly every morning when i eat my toast i break of a bit of the crust and in it being 2 hard he goes 2 his water and dips it in