My baby CAG is getting bigger - ALOT bigger - take a look

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

My baby CAG is getting bigger - ALOT bigger - take a look

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

I went and visited my baby African Grey at the breeders this weekend. My goodness has he/she grown in just two weeks. Here are the pics:

How do you like my smile?

I think this is my good side, do you like my pretty red tail?

I have also got my living room rearranged and the new cage setup. I bet Tiki is wondering who that new cage is for! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh how I hate waiting!!! But I have at least another month to go, if not two or three!
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Lisa,
He/She is just darling! I bet you are excited! And boy he's grown! What a sweet little face. Have you got a name for him/her? Why do you have to wait so long? For him/her to be weaned? Well keep us posted. What a cutie!

Hugs,
Jen

Love the first pic. Does look like a smile on that little birdy beak!
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

It takes African Greys 3 to 6 months to fully wean, with 4 months being the average. The breeder is going to do a DNA test on him/her for me. If it is a girl, her name will be Dixie and if it is a boy, I am considering Blaze, which I like, but my family thinks it sounds wierd! I don't think it sounds wierd, I think it is cute, but so far, no one has offered up anything better. My Mom told me she liked Smokie or Stormy, but nope, I like Blaze, plus it is my baby, so what should I care what they think!
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I like that name too! And it's your baby so you should get to name it what you want. And Dixie is cute if a girl. She can be your "dixie chick". Tee hee! Will it get much bigger than that? I've seen Greys but I thought the size your baby is now was the biggest they got. That little one is huge. I bet you are just about to pop with anticipation! I can't imagine!

Hugs,
Jen
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

awww .. growing up so well .. they have such beautiful, sweet, intelligent faces. I agree with Dixie and Blaze , great names. :D Take it from the bird nuts, not your family :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

What a cutie! *jealous* oh man...I want one *pouts*

Dani and Prinny
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

absolutely gorgeous. I think there's few of us pouting, me amongst them.
Jade

Post by Jade »

one word for you......JEALOUS
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

I want an African Grey too.... but I've decided to not have one. Well, my husband have and so I decided to get an IRN instead! :D And I'm not sad about that I can tell you! :D

The pics are great!!!! Don't forget to get more pics.... we all want to see more! :D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

what a beautiful baby, I´m going to get an african grey. But not until after a year or something... :D We have had one before..
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

what a cutie!
~the stubborn one~