Hi mine IRP - wen its sees mirror it makes sound..

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ashwin

Hi mine IRP - wen its sees mirror it makes sound..

Post by ashwin »

My Indian Ringneck Parrot is 3 Years old. I suppose its wishes of mating has come into its mind. When it sees mirror it starts making some sound and takes its head like pendulum doing some kind of oscillation from left to right and then vice versa...I don t know how to identify its gender..and its single now and I am trying to bring its patner...

I cut its wings slightly so that it does not fly.. because lots of accidents happen in my house when its wings are ON...and it always wants to be out...it goes into its cage only for sleep...And will there be any attraction problem for the opposite partner when the wings are small.
Princess Yuz

Re: Hi mine IRP - wen its sees mirror it makes sound..

Post by Princess Yuz »

I'm sure very single bird makes noises when they look in the mirror. It is normal for a bird to do this so don't worry. About the gender just look around its neck if it has a light ring it is a female and if,it has a black ring it is a male.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Sounds like male posturing to me. Females will generally arch their necks and flatten out their bodies, almost like they are laying down, and raise their tail slightly. The males usually do the standing up tall and oscillating their heads around. Do you know for certain that he/she is three years old?
~Dana

MissK

Post by MissK »

Begging your pardon, I believe it is necessary for you to learn a very great deal more about Ringnecks before you seek to have them mating. Without proper knowledge things may go very badly, indeed.
-MissK