Newto Forum

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

G.SHAMBROOKE

Newto Forum

Post by G.SHAMBROOKE »

Hello there

I have a pet IRN hence the reason for joining this forum, I love birds and especially parrots my IRN is about a year old and now tame and happy, so far so good.
I use to have a yellow crested white Cockatoo for around five years and we were inseparable it was so intelligent that I even taught it to poo on paper rather then everywhere else in the house, it would live in the trees in the day and come inside when I got home from work in the afternoon, it even slept on the railing at the end of the bed but had the annoying habit of hopping on me at 4am and then going back to sleep until it decided that I had to get up.
Its name was Ocky and was a great pet but unfortunately one night it was out side in the shed and I think that it went for a wonder around the house and a fox got him as there was always one hanging around at least that is the only explanation that I could come up with because we had four dogs in the back yard and I had never seen a cat anywhere.
Anyway I know have a IRN it was harder to train but its all good now and I like it so all's good so far.
MissK

Re: Newto Forum

Post by MissK »

Hi and welcome. Cool story about your Cockatoo (well, till the end, anyway) I wouldn't try it with an IRN.
-MissK
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

A sad ending to a really interesting bird. Was there any sort of mess like feathers?

IRN is a whole new ball game so you'll be doing it a favor to reform your knowledge of birds to cater to its natural disposition.
G.SHAMBROOKE

Post by G.SHAMBROOKE »

Donovan wrote:A sad ending to a really interesting bird. Was there any sort of mess like feathers?

IRN is a whole new ball game so you'll be doing it a favor to reform your knowledge of birds to cater to its natural disposition.
No, no feathers it must of just ran off with it, anyway I have studied a bit about the IRN and it seems to be a happy chappy so far it lives in the house and is free to roam and it takes full advantage of that it also fly's around a bit and I keep it entertained with toys and treats, it even flew from the cage to my shoulder the other day when I was vacuuming I was quite surprised about that.