violet turquoise

Moderator: Mods

ringneckluv

violet turquoise

Post by ringneckluv »

Hi, I paired two birds this season. Cock is turquoise and Hen is violet blue.
They produced;
1x violet turquoise,
1x violet blue,
1x blue.
Am I correct in assuming that the cock maybe split to blue. I am just trying to figure the cock and hens genetics as there is no guarantee and I am only going off visual. Still trying to wrap my brain around the whole mutation thing. Thanks.
Ring0Neck

Re: violet turquoise

Post by Ring0Neck »

He is turquoise blue
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
ringneckluv

Post by ringneckluv »

Ring0Neck wrote:He is turquoise blue
thanks. So if I put him with a blue hen they should produce blue or turquoise blue? Is there a different type of turquoise in the blue series or is he split or is it just the mutation? Please excuse my ignorance. Is the mutation referred to as turquoise blue not just turquoise? I have a turquoise grey so am aware of this mutation. I have always just called the mutation pastel so trying to understand the new terms so to speak.
Thanks
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

ringneckluv wrote:
Ring0Neck wrote:He is turquoise blue
thanks. So if I put him with a blue hen they should produce blue or turquoise blue? Is there a different type of turquoise in the blue series or is he split or is it just the mutation? Please excuse my ignorance. Is the mutation referred to as turquoise blue not just turquoise? I have a turquoise grey so am aware of this mutation. I have always just called the mutation pastel so trying to understand the new terms so to speak.
Thanks
So if I put him with a blue hen they should produce blue or turquoise blue? Yes

there is no turquoise split blue
either turquoise homozygous (double factor) or turquoiseblue

old term pastel=turquoise or turquoise blue - people just call any turquoise=> pastel - in simple terms.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know