Are these violets??

Moderator: Mods

Neeraj

Are these violets??

Post by Neeraj »

I am planning to buy this pair ,so just wanted to confirm first what color they were, are they violets or some other color, these are the only picture i have of them
Attachments
pics 022-3.jpg
pics 022-3.jpg (62.18 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
pics 021-3.jpg
pics 021-3.jpg (50.16 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Skyes_crew

Re: Are these violets??

Post by Skyes_crew »

Comparing them to what I've seen of violets, they don't look like violets. They look like cobalts or something maybe a bit darker. Any other thoughts?? Johan??
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
They look American Cobalt
tks
Neeraj

Post by Neeraj »

here is another picture with some other birds including a blue cleartail bird as well and you can see there is a difference with the normal blue,

these are from South Africa, I am sure they are not normal blues but i dont know whether violet or cobalt??

So any more suggestions,

If i breed them what will i get??
Attachments
pics 018.jpg
pics 018.jpg (41.67 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
pics.jpg
pics.jpg (64.28 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Those are violets or cobalts. Unfortunately, narrowing it down from there becomes very hard when working with photos only.
Neeraj

Post by Neeraj »

Johan S wrote:Those are violets or cobalts. Unfortunately, narrowing it down from there becomes very hard when working with photos only.

Thank you Johan, for the reply!!

Can anyone apply those color filters you apply on the pictures and check if they are any different, i have seen in some posts they applied the filter and sorted out some colors i think??

Anyway i think i will buy them as it is the only such pair in the Maldives up to my knowledge!!

thanks everyone for your replies. :D
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Neeraj, you mention that they are from South Africa, so my guess would be cobalts. They are very plentiful over here. If you get very lucky, it might be violet.
Neeraj

Post by Neeraj »

Johan S wrote:Neeraj, you mention that they are from South Africa, so my guess would be cobalts. They are very plentiful over here. If you get very lucky, it might be violet.

I see thanks for that information Johan, so are the violets very rare in south africa, how much do you estimate a violet pair will be in south africa, just for the information ??
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

They are not that rare anymore and the prices have come down a bit. For a young pair (2013 birds), I'd venture a guess that you'll look at about R6000 - R8000 (locally).
Neeraj

Post by Neeraj »

Johan S wrote:They are not that rare anymore and the prices have come down a bit. For a young pair (2013 birds), I'd venture a guess that you'll look at about R6000 - R8000 (locally).

thanks Johan
Tartan ringnecks

Post by Tartan ringnecks »

Hi Neeraj

The cock bird is cobalt and the hen also
Kev
Neeraj

Post by Neeraj »

Tartan ringnecks wrote:Hi Neeraj

The cock bird is cobalt and the hen also

Thanks Kev,

Can any body post a pic showing the cobalt and violet together in one picture so that i can see the difference??