Feathers breaking off??

Moderator: Mods

luv2boat24

Feathers breaking off??

Post by luv2boat24 »

Hi, I have a 3.5 year old female IRN who I have had since she was a baby. Within the past 2 weeks, she has been losing a lot of feathers. At first I thought it was from molting but now I am not so sure. The feathers look like they are breaking off, not falling out from the root. I don't see her preening or picking at the feathers ever. Nothing about her diet or environment has changed.

I can't include pictures of her or a link to her album because the forum says I am spammy. If you would like to see a picture of what I am talking about please message me privately and I can try to send you a link to her album on google.

Thank you so much for any thoughts/ suggestions... I am worried about her!!
luv2boat24

Re: Feathers breaking off??

Post by luv2boat24 »

Her diet is the same.. good appetite.. normal poop.. no changes in breathing... idk
AJPeter

Moult

Post by AJPeter »

How often and when and how long do moults take place? Is there an any special diet needed?
AJPeter
Skyes_crew

Re: Feathers breaking off??

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hi AJ..follow this link I'm posting and it will answer your questions. It was discussed on here not long ago :D

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... hilit=Molt
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

AJPeter

Molting

Post by AJPeter »

Thank you Skyes that thread was so interesting, it has put my mind at rest, so many helpful tips as well. When l mist spray Billie she likes me to use a hair drier on low held a a distance to dry her off, l think she likes the warm air. Recently she has become very friendly and wants me to scratch her neck several times a day.
AJpeter