When will the "bluff" ever end?

Moderator: Mods

leo1955

When will the "bluff" ever end?

Post by leo1955 »

It's been quite a time, Rich is becoming more aggressive than I expected. After a while I thought the biting would be over, since she now steps on my finger on step up command and would remain there for long. she even sleeps on my fingers. Then suddenly again, I find it unbearable, I mean the biting. The bites are even harder causing me bleed. I really am becoming frustrated on her. Will it ever stop? Will I just ignore her and let her stay inside her cage? What is best to do about it? I think she is about 5 to 6 months old.
tnx in advance...
Sam72

Re: When will the "bluff" ever end?

Post by Sam72 »

Hope you get some answers as we are having the same trouble with our little one Lego. We know they bluff but Lego is has been going now for a month. Lego will sit with you but if you put your hand near you will get a nip. We don't react or pull away but it isn't stopping. Lego is 5 months old.
leo1955

Post by leo1955 »

so, this is what I did a while ago, I held a candy wrapper and without any bite, she stepped up on my finger. Then I placed her near a mirror so she will be busy and wont bite me... lols..
birdynamnam

Post by birdynamnam »

Hi Leo and Sam, please understand first of all, this is nothing personal, try to stay with it. Birdley was pretty cranky for about 3 weeks, I got nips and tucks everywhere to prove it. Then one morning, no pinning, no biting just a sunny faced little happy bird. We have come leaps and bounds since then and Birdley have even accepted my niece Jessie and spend some time with her.... I know its hard, however, please remember, this is a distinct bird phase and it will form your bird for the future. Dont give up and they will come around in time. Good luck with it all......
birdynamnam

Post by birdynamnam »

Hi Leo, I forgot to say. Never, ever just leave the bird in the cage and ignore it. Try to ignore bites as much as possible, push the finger in to the bite instead of snapping your hand away, I know.... it really hurts, but it works. That way they understand that they get nowhere with biting. Birdly seems to calm down immediately if I whistle to him a little bit. Your bird will come good with patience. Keep up the good work and good luck.