first time bird owner cairns

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

liznlouie

first time bird owner cairns

Post by liznlouie »

hi everyone,

I have never owned a pet bird before, unless you count some chooks and a very tame white duck who thought it would be nice to be and inside pet, but, as I already had two human babies in nappies I had other ideas. This was all in a long ago life.

Yesterday I brought home Louie who is fourish months old and has been had reared with his brothers Huey & Dewy.

He is a blue and seems to be getting used to me , while I go to work in a 9 to 5 type job he is staying home with my partner, his two under school age kids and his teenage son, my teenage daughter, a German Shepherd, a Maltese cross Sydney Silky, a black domestic puss, and , last but not least, Frankie the Siamese Fighting Fish who has only been with us a few days.

I am looking forward to a long friendship with Louie as I am not the sort to have disposable pets.

He is not banded , just a pet.

Liz
Melika

Re: first time bird owner cairns

Post by Melika »

Welcome to the forum, both you and your menagerie. ;)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
MissK

Re: first time bird owner cairns

Post by MissK »

Let me know if anything develops between Louie and Frankie
-MissK