What to fed my ring neck

Moderator: Mods

Megsmom69

What to fed my ring neck

Post by Megsmom69 »

Hello, I'm the proud owner of a young ring neck called Rio. Can I ask some advice...he doesn't like the commercial parrot food and hasn't touched any at all. She loves her fruit and veg and will quite happily eat our budgies millet. Is this OK. What alternatives can I give her...I want her to remain fit and healthy. Thanks Tracy xx
sanjays mummi

Re: What to fed my ring neck

Post by sanjays mummi »

It depends what you mean by commercial, there are so many types. Sanjay loves canary mix, and parakeet mix and small parrot mix with its sunflower seeds and dried chillies. However, 60% of his diet is fresh fruit and veggies, walnut halves and roasted monkey nuts. He grew into some foods, ie capsicum and sweet corn, which he would'nt touch as a chickster. Do'nt worry, millet is fine and I'd rather my bird preferred fruit and veg, the healthier option than seed mixes. Have you tried pelletised food? Maybe he was fed pellets previously.
Megsmom69

Re: What to fed my ring neck

Post by Megsmom69 »

Thank you for that. I was a bit worried. He has been in the budgie cage today and quite happily eaten his seed. But I will take your advice and try some alternatives. He eats fresh fruit and veg so Im happy now :D