new to this website.....beak and feather disease

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

lyssa

new to this website.....beak and feather disease

Post by lyssa »

Hello everyone I am new to this website I have a one year old Indian ringneck named Lil'Dude he is my absolute world ever since I got him. last winter he started losing feathers on his head and me and my family had no idea why, I brought him to a vet cause I thought it might have been mites since he was soooo itchy he only took a culture of his stool which he said was normal. Then he started to lose more feathers on his neck back and chest and I took him to another vet just a little over a week ago and I just got the devastating call today that he tested positive for beak and feather disease the vet wants to test him again in 3 months to see if he tests positive again but for now my question to you all is what do I do to keep him as healthy as possible? so he has a better chance of him beating this horrible virus cause I have heard of some birds that do fight it off and live a normal life with feathers. Also he does not act sick at all he is playful and is a huge pig and love's to eat, I feed him a variety of fruits and veggies and I am still trying to switch him over to pellets. So please I need some tips to helping my little boy I would do anything for him<3 All tips, advice and any input would be helpful thank you!!
-epo-

Re: new to this website.....beak and feather disease

Post by -epo- »

Hi and welcome to the forum!Hope your IRN is better now!
lyssa

Re: new to this website.....beak and feather disease

Post by lyssa »

hello and thank you he is getting better and slowly growing back some feathers but hes still very itchy from the thick cuticle coming in, we will be testing him again soon and I am really hoping for some good news!