Molting

Moderator: Mods

amb4693

Molting

Post by amb4693 »

Hello, can anyone tell me what age di IRNs start molting?? I have one who is around 5 months old! And I've noticed some whole feathers on the bottom of the cage, they do have all that white fuzzy feathers on them also, I just wasn't sure how old they started this!! Help!!
amb4693

Re: Molting

Post by amb4693 »

My question is....is he to young? At 5 months!
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

5 months is not to young, he most likely is just molting. :O)

Kim
amb4693

Post by amb4693 »

Thanks kim...I'm guessing he is also,,,,how's your flock doing????
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

amb4693 wrote:Thanks kim...I'm guessing he is also,,,,how's your flock doing????
Well......... did you see my thread about 2(?) weeks ago that Xandir, my baby Grey, crashed through a window screen and flew away? I got him back 4 and a 1/2 days later. Some kids found him and saw one of my fliers.

But now I'm re-homing my IRNs. They are terrified of everyone but me and scream in fear. I live in an apartment and my neighbors said it bothers them. If they complain to the landlord I might be forced to part with most of my birds so they need to go. :O(

Kim
amb4693

Post by amb4693 »

Oh no I missed that post...I'm sorry to hear all this, I hope you got his little wings clipped after that...he must of been so scared and what wonderful kids to return him, now a days kids would of just kept or let him fly away again!!! That's awesome!!! I'm also so sorry you have to re home the others, but I also understand!! I do wish you well!!!
Ann
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

Yes, his wings are clipped. :O)

Thank you very much.

Kim
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Wonderful news about your grey!. Shame about your IRNs' tho'. As to moulting, Sanjay has just replumed. I really can't praise "feather up" too highly. It really does make a difference.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I've never heard of 'feather up' before.

Ellie.