newbie needs advice

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

justine

newbie needs advice

Post by justine »

hi i am a newbie to being a parent of indian ringneks, 3 weeks ago i got 2 babies one was only a week old and the other one 3 weeks, alfie is now about 6 weeks and is going to be blue with a touch of shiny green and calfie is almost 4 weeks and looks like he will be grey not sure yet, im getting them sexed this month. i am a worried parent, not sure when to start feeding something other than formula, i live in south africa kzn and would like to adoped more birds with time so if any one wants to coresponed with advise for me or just to chat it would be great.

justine :D
evaleen

Re: newbie needs advice

Post by evaleen »

congrats on your new babies! they sound as if they'll grow up to be quite the beauties!
welcome! :mrgreen:
Eva
fladder

Post by fladder »

Hi Justine
I'm also from KZN, which part are you?
Good luck on your babies :)

Anri
justine

Post by justine »

hi there

im in amanzimtoti, i,ve got a Q for u guys, my babies are still very small and its too early to start weaning right?
but from yesterday alfie is cutting down on his formula ang looking for food, is it safe too give him anything too eat? and what do i give?

worried parent

justine
fladder

Post by fladder »

Hi :)

Try checking out the breeding section.
There's a lot of experienced breeders that will be willing to help. Also try searching the phrase "weaning".

Hope this helps
Anri