I found Brinly Bird

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

I found Brinly Bird

Post by kyria »

When I went looking for Brinly I was sure it would end up being a girl budgie that I found but my Brinly Budgie turned out to be a boy.

I was visiting breeders on saturday to get my girlfriend her bird (she ended up with a lovely olive rainbow lori) and in the aviary of one of the breeders.. (I always make them let me go into the aviary to see which bird will come to me) Brinly flew right into my hands.

Now the other budgies were so much bigger, fatter heads, colourful, but this one just fell right into my hands and just looked at me.

A strange looking olive green yellow English budgie with a long body, angry eyes and the longest skirt and beard I had seen so far, strange and rather ugly compared to all the others, but He just fell right into my hands and stayed there.

So I put him right on into my cage and handed over my measly $12 to the breeder. He is the most incredible little budgie, ultra tame and my second eldest daughter loves him to death.

These pics show him a little more yellow than what he is, must be the flash or the lighting or something, he really is a dull olive green with hints of yellow and blue/black around his cheek and beard.

When he rests and fluffs up his skirt comes right down over his feet and well past the perch and his whole lower body gets all plump, his face gets a little fatter and more angry looking. I will have to try capture one of him like that soon.

Just a little worried coz its day 2 home and he hasn;t really eaten anything. :( hope its just nerves and will settle down soon. He seems happy enough.

Cheers !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Ducky

Post by Ducky »

ah hes so cute. I think these little guys are so cute. enjoy him.

love the new pics.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww...I just love those budgies. they are such characters. I miss mine so much sometimes...

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Angie,
What a sweet bird! I see what you mean when you say he looks angry. He sure does. Please keep us posted as to whether he's eating or not. Love the pics at the bottom of your posts too! Jordan looks so sweet in that picture!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

doesn't s/he :D , glad to say her/his beak is alot more colourful now, I just don't have a good updated pic yet.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless