IRN Newbie here!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kritty_gal

IRN Newbie here!!

Post by kritty_gal »

Howdy from North West Queensland, Australia here!!!

I recently got given an IRN because it was dumped at someones house and they couldn't stand the squarking!!

Anywho I assume my IRN is a girl! as she has no ring, and clucks like a bloody hen lol :lol:

Her name is Chopper (as we were told it was a boy), and she is an absolute ratbag!! lovely and friendly and really loves a cuddle, to the point she will climb inside my clothes :?
Recently she has been squarking - and i mean absolutely SCREAMING and i have no idea why!!! It is driving everyone in our household nuts. so if anyone has tips of the squarking i would really really really appreciate them lol :lol:

this is a picture of her
taywer321

Re: IRN Newbie here!!

Post by taywer321 »

Boredom??? These intelligent birds need lots of mental stimulation to be happy! Pet stores offer lots of choices as far as foraging toys and different things to keep them entertained. Be sure your IRN has plenty of room to climb around and play, and things to play with! I recently realized I spend way too much money on toys that my birds inevitably destroy, so I started making my own toys. Heres one that my little IRN LOVES!!
All you need is an empty apple sauce container, cereal (or your bird's favorite treat) and some tissue paper!
Put the cereal or favorite treat inside the empty apple sauce container and seal it with a few layers of the tissue paper (tape it around) poke a few holes in the top of the tissue paper and watch your bird go wild trying to tear away all the paper and get to whats inside :) Cheap, fun, and you've got a quiet bird hard at work :)