Hello from Dallas

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Markintx

Hello from Dallas

Post by Markintx »

Just wanted to say hello to all members. I own a wonderful IRN named Oliver and recently found this site. I have to say, after reading your forums that I am quite pleased to realize I have a pretty well behaved bird. He is about 10 months old and while he does get a bit noisy at times, he has been a delight to own. He is quite the talker (he already says about 25 words and many phrases) and is friendly. One thing i find odd about him is that he loves being around or with me but doesnt really like petting him with fingers. He coos and makes noises when i rub the back of his neck but trys to avoid letting me do it. He loves saying 'Gimme a kiss......mmmmmmmm 'kissing sound' then presses his beak to my nose....sooo funny.

Anyway, thanks to all for making this such an informative site.
Blueberrybird

Re: Hello from Dallas

Post by Blueberrybird »

Hi, I know this sight is awesome, right? Would love to see pics or video of your fid!
Markintx

Post by Markintx »

I have had Oliver for about 9 months and he will be a year old in October. I have worked with him on saying a few things but many things he says he picked up from 'eavesdropping'...haha
I will see if I can attach a photo or two to this message. If not, I will add a few to my profile.

Some of the things he says are 'Peekaboo", 'Gimme a kiss', 'Come here', 'What cha doing', 'Oliver', 'Que Paso', 'Hello', 'Wanna go', 'Good boy', 'Pretty pretty parrot', 'Want a peanut', 'No No No No!', and I taught him to sing 'Bad boy Bad boy, what cha gonna do (the Cops theme lol)

I would like to get another ringneck but I used to have a cockatiel and Oliver was pretty jealous of her. I don't know how he would react to a new bird in the house.
Markintx

Post by Markintx »

Oliver started talking within a month or so of having him so he was probably 4 or 5 months old. I never used the phrase 'step up' but instead would chase him around and say 'come here'. That is the first thing he said!

It's funny how he uses phrases to communicate. He will say 'come here' if he wants me and will say 'Wanna peanut?' if he wants a treat!

I have taught him several whistles including the circus tune. He doesn't have it down real good yet but it is so funny when he tries it. It is also hilarious when he says 'Bad boy Bad boy, what cha gonna doooooo'....!

It took him awhile to start pronouncing the S sound but now says it quite well. He used to say 'Gimme a ki' but now says 'Gimme a kiss' very clearly.

I attached pics to my last reply. Did they not show? I am still learning the ins and out of this site.
Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Welcome to the forum
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue