What to Feed my Ringneck

Moderator: Mods

michelle999

What to Feed my Ringneck

Post by michelle999 »

We have had our Indian Ringneck for around nine weeks now (he/she was eight months old), the per store which we got him from fed him/her seed/grapes/nuts. I have continued this introducing apple,salads,vegetables but he will not eat them. This morning i tried to give him a bit of scrambled egg and this evening carrots/corn/peas/bean. he just refuses to eat any of it. My concern is that he/she is not getting enough variey with just the seed. i went back to our pet store yesterday and the man said that the seed i am feeding him is sufficient... (i must let you know that i live in the uk dont know whether they use different seeds here, in the seeds are sunflowers, white seeds and little seeds) Please can someone advise...
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Seed alone is never enough to make a complete diet.. Look through the other threads in this forum or do a search. Keep trying to introduce the new foods. Also if you eat it too your bird will be more inclined to try new things.

Say you were stuck out in the wilderness overnight. You walk along and find some round purple fruit on a tree. Do you eat it or is it poisonous?
I think I'll pass.
If you see someone else eating it your more inclined to give it a try right?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Easier to give an article for reference: http://www.landofvos.com/articles/feeding.html

Good article. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay