Small fly

Moderator: Mods

Cloud

Small fly

Post by Cloud »

Hi
Recently I have noticed a small insect crawling on my IRN Cloud, however it moves very quickly and stays most of the time under the feathers.
At first I thought it was a tick or exo-parasite of some sort, the avian vet applied some form of treatment on the back of Cloud's neck and said if it is anything to worry about the treatment should kill it.
It has been a few days since then and I got a better look at the insect turns out it's a very small form of fly like a fruit fly, I have tried to blow it off or wipe it off but it clings on and Cloud gets pissed at me XD
The fact it's still alive suggests that it is not living off Cloud's blood otherwise the treatment would have killed it.
Is this something to be concerned about?
julie

Re: Small fly

Post by julie »

go to a pet shop and get some bird insect spray, cloud and his living areas (cage) need to be sprayed. if it is living on him and it sticks i wouldnt think its a fly rather some type of mite. I know vetafarm has a good spray that works well.
Cloud

Re: Small fly

Post by Cloud »

Hey thanks for the advice I will look into the spray.
I know it sounds strange for it to be a fly, but I got a seriously good look at it under a strong light, no mistaking it's a small fly due to wings and is slightly too large to be a mite. Usually I see it multiple times a day however today I had him out for the whole day and did not notice it at all, may have left or died.