A BIG hello from sunny QLD Australia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ImpulseParrots

A BIG hello from sunny QLD Australia

Post by ImpulseParrots »

Hi All

I have posted a couple of questions in the forums already but thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself

My name is Amy and I am a breeder/hand raiser from Kingaroy QLD (rural QLD, about 2-3hrs from Brisbane depending on where you live). The bulk of my hand raised birds are Indian Ringnecks as I have a couple of breeder friends that live on acreage and have god knows how many pairs. I also hand raise Eclectus, Cockatiels, Major Mitchell's, Green Cheeked Conures, Maroon Bellied Conures and Galahs just to name a few.

I love hand raising IRN for their funny little personalities.... as I type this I have a little blue guy that has escaped from his holding cage and is calling out for my attention. I swear... IRN are the worst out of all breeds for working out how to escape from their cages. If I am late for a feeding by 5 mins the majority have opened their doors and have flown down to remind me what time it is.

I personally don't own a breeding pair (yet!) as I live in town and already have breeding pairs of Alexandrine's, Eclectus Parrots, Moustache Parrots, Red Rumps and also a breeding group of masked peachfaces. I will be getting a a pair of IRN at the end of the year (Violet L/W (f) & Blue (m)) and have started looking into getting some pied ringnecks (very excited about that).

I have been refering any of our buyers of hand raised IRN to this forum so that they can get a little more educated as I find that people just don't research the bird that they are buying. It doesn't seem to matter how many times we try to tell them about bluffing, different noises they make etc... they ring us up in a panic over something. But we are happy to help out where we can.

If you are looking for a hand raised parrot (sometime we have aviary birds avaliable too) please give us a call! Our website is http://www.impulseparrots.com

Sorry its a long read! I just love my birds :D

Cheers

Amy
ellieelectrons

Re: A BIG hello from sunny QLD Australia

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Amy

Welcome to the forum!

Ellie.
pinkdevil

Re: A BIG hello from sunny QLD Australia

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum, Amy.
I used to live not that far from Kingaroy a few years ago. The 'Peanut' town. :lol: :P