Ninja in the photo studio

Moderator: Mods

Ninja

Ninja in the photo studio

Post by Ninja »

After I finished a photo shoot with a client tonight Ninja called me, so I thought I would quickly snap some pics of him as he is looking very handsome now that his ring is in & he has almost finished molting - Happy "Man-Hood" to my boy Ninja who started his colour-up just before Xmas!

It has been an awesome journey from the first day he adopted me just over a year ago as a lost bird out at the racetrack, I put him gently in my backpack & rode him home on my motorbike (didn't want to leave him at the track as he wouldn't let go of me for a start - & I didn't want him to get injured there) after many many advertisements & phone calls to vets in the area to find his owner, noone claimed him so he became a part of our family & I think he looks like he has settled in nicely! We love him to bits!!

I popped him on one on my reflector boards for his photo shoot & he was rather happy sitting there looking around & grooming while he modelled for me

Enjoy!

bec

Re: Ninja in the photo studio

Post by bec »

great shots!
georgeous bird
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

You gotta good lookin model :wink: and one hell of a camera! Damn!!..
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a proud boy he is.

He relly looks like he enjoys his photo being taken.
I have a few ringies that are camera hogs to. :D
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

how do you get them to pose without trying to eat the camera? :roll:
Ninja

Post by Ninja »

Thanks guys!! Yes he is such a poser!

Sheena, he can be 'adventurous' but I have taught him to leave my camera alone unless he wants to go back into his house. He sometimes still wants to explore it but he knows better now. Sometimes if I am taking a photo of him he tries to run up to the lens to tap on it & say hello so I have to be quick!

Maybe start by taking pics of your bird in his/her house & slowly get closer so he gets used to it. Then progress to taking photos of him while you are holding your bird on your finger as far away as you can stretch & slowly move up from there.

If I am taking photos of a child who is a little upset I often bring Ninja in. He sits on my shoulder & 'peeks' at the kids & gets them to laugh which makes my work easier! Ninj has learnt that if he wants to hang with me, he has to leave my camera alone hehe!

www.HeidiR.com.au