hello form Queensland

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ringneckluv

hello form Queensland

Post by ringneckluv »

Hello, luv the forum great source of info for those like myself that have only been breeding for a few years. I struggle to wrap my brain around mutations but am learning very slowly. currently we have 6 breeding pairs of ring necks, (blue cock & hen), (grey cock & silver hen), (violet cock & sky blue lacewing hen),(cinn green lacewing cock & green lacewing hen), (not sure what to call the next cock but he is mostly green/blue with blue tail maybe turquoise & violet hen), (pastel grey cock & albino blue hen she came from the blue pair). currently hand raising grey chicks and violet sky blue chicks. Plan to increase the lot with some Pieds and whwt next year. We also have 8 breeding pairs of red rumps, so naturally keep quite bizzy. Any how, Hello and i look forward to shooting lots of Q's and passing on some of our limited knowledge with you all.

Regards Troy
millyz_madness

Re: hello form Queensland

Post by millyz_madness »

Hi Troy, I am new to the site today too and also from sunny qld :-) hope to talk soon
Mel
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Troy,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sooo jealous of all your birds, lol :lol: Haha, just kidding, but we only have the one blue cock at the moment (inside pet, not aviary), and are eagerly awaiting our new baby to finish weaning. She is a cinnamon grey (aka silver). My husband and I aren't set up to get into breeding just now, but I am hoping too in a couple of years, when our cinnamon grey is old enough, to have a crack at it. In the meantime, I am gorging myself on all the fabulous information available through this forum, and meeting lots of helpful and knowledgeable people along the way :D
Regards Deb
ringneckluv

Post by ringneckluv »

Thanks for the welcome guys much appreciated