Breeding Indain Ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

Dan Cell

Breeding Indain Ringnecks

Post by Dan Cell »

What colour young will I get if I breed a Violet Male ( his father was a violet lacewing and mother was a cobalt.) to a Creamino hen?
mikeb

Re: Breeding Indain Ringnecks

Post by mikeb »

blue turquoise and violet turquoise babies and the males will be split ino
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Thankyou very much, I want the breed my male violet ringneck to another colour bird, but i'm not sure what colour hen to put him to so I can breed different colours, any ideas perhaps?
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

You would also get blues and violets with all cocks / ino in the first mating. You could pair the cock with a cobalt turquoise harlequin with beautiful color outcomes.
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

In Australia it is very hard to find colours like that my friend. Im thinking maybe put my violet male to a sky blue hen to breed some lavender babies, what do you guys recon?.
rickyc

Post by rickyc »

i have a cobalt hen and violet cock and are hoping to get violets, cobalts, and hopefully violet cobalts which are a beutifull purple colour this will be the first time they have paired together although they are both good parents that have breed before
rod038

Post by rod038 »

I would be inclined to not breed it with an Ino bird as Ino masks Violet. A Violet Split Ino has no real value. I would suggest a Blue hen or a Cobalt hen.
rickyc

Post by rickyc »

Another possibility would b if you paired the violet cock to either a cleartail or buttercup torquise cobalt or torquise hen producing torquise,cobalt,torquise cobalt ,violet,violet cobalt or violet torquise all split or full cleartail or buttercup