Need Help Pleaseee!!!:)

Moderator: Mods

sanam

Need Help Pleaseee!!!:)

Post by sanam »

Hello,
I need help with my IRN I have a pair that I just bought yesterday one is Turquoise is female and the male is yellow... the person I bought it from he said they are a breeding pair but it doesn't seems like it because they don’t even go close to each other... so what I want to find out how do I find out if they are a pair? Second when they lay egg and what do I need to when they lay egg...? I will really appreciate some help!! :)

Thank You
:?
lewi111

Re: Need Help Pleaseee!!!:)

Post by lewi111 »

Hello----whereabouts in the world are you?? IRN s normally mate late winter--spring.
Here in Australia it is breeding season now.
If you can tell us your location we will be able to help you further.
sanam

Post by sanam »

Hello,
Lewi111 thank you so much for your respond... sorry I forgot to mention it... I live in Texas USA... but the thing is the male is scared of the female... the female chase him all around and the male run away from her for ex: when they are eating the male sits down and eat and the female up as soon as the female comes down the male run away from the female and goes up so its kind of weird what do I need to do to make them friends.... loll :D
And one more thing should I go ahead and put the nesting box? If yes what do I need to put inside the nesting box? :?:

Thank YOu!!!!
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Have the pair been housed together for some time before you got them???
Seems to me there might be a bit of 'who's gonna be the boss' thing going on here.
Leave them for the time being but keep an eye on them and they should settle down in time.If they start actually fighting with each other you will have to seperate them.
Im sure it wouldnt be breeding season over there yet,but there would be no harm in putting a nest box in if you wish.
The nest box needs to be about 18 inches high by about 10 inches square.The entererance hole should be about 2 1/2 inches across.
I think most people over there use aspen shavings in the bottom.
Dont be to dissapointed if nothing happens in the way of mating/eggs/bubbies etc until late winter --spring.
Hope this helps you in some way
Any problems there are always people on this site to help you.
sanam

Post by sanam »

Hello,
Lewi111 THank YOu Soo MUchh For the Your help... yah i think i ll leave them for a week to see what they do... i reallly reallly Appriciate it!!!

Thank YOu
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Hi----just wondering if your birdies have settled down any as yet.Hope they have for you.
sanam

Post by sanam »

Hello,
Lewi hoW are You.... No the male is scared of the female lollllll but i have an other IRN green single and the male is hittin on him/ her... i'm not sure if its a male or female...
but they are learning words....

thanks for checking up:)
Donna

Post by Donna »

females are rarely friendly to the males until breeding season, don't seperate them if they have been breeders together. When breeding season does come around you will find the female will be more civil towards the male and you may even see him feed her, don't put the nest box on till you see this behavior, you put the nest box on now she is going to start working it and they will never breed but she will start laying. Aspin wood shaving is the best for nest boxes never pine or ceder.
Before you start having eggs and babies do your research and learn how to handfeed and detect problems before the babies come.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both