Roudybush California Blend questions

Moderator: Mods

Invader ZIM

Roudybush California Blend questions

Post by Invader ZIM »

Hey guys,

I've got a female IRN that's only 3 months old, but I wanted to get her started on a healthy diet early.

I was looking at the Roudybush California blend diet, and I like the ingredients except the cabbage in it. The package claims the ingredients are dried peaches, apricots, plums, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and cabbage combined with Roudybush Daily Maintenance pellets.

Does anyone here have any experience using this diet with their pet? It sounds like it might be easier for the bird to transition to pellets using this type of food mixed with the dried fruits and vegetables. However, I've heard that cabbage is bad for these birds and don't want to use it if there's a chance it's going to make her sick.

Other than that, I use fresh vegetables and fruits for her daily, as well as a small amount of Cockatiel seed mix and nutri-berries and other treats like Peanuts in multiple foraging toys for her fun.
Melika

Post by Melika »

My Hane LOVES Roudybush pellets. Personally, I'd just get the pellets since you're already feeding healthy freshness and a little seed. I don't think your IRN will need the extra sugars and such contained in dried fruits/veggies. Then the pellets are only a side dish, as they ought to be IMO.

Roudybush is my favourite pellet, not just because Hane loves it but because it seems more moist. I don't like how dry all the other pellets are.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Invader ZIM

Post by Invader ZIM »

Thanks for the reply Melika, it's very helpful. :)