pet bird

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

eshwaar

pet bird

Post by eshwaar »

hello everyone in new to ringneckparakeet and im looking to by one but the information is very confusing im looking to purchease a greem male exactly like the one in the picture of the forums, but im being told that this is a completely different specice, that its not an indian ring neck parakeet, when i look this up in wiki it says that the rose ring and indian are the same thing, i dont know can some on help me out. also im from toront canada and in looking for a breeder can someone help me out, im just so frustrated there is so much to reaserch but there are so little resourse to look up on theese birds
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi eshwaar.

The bird pic in the forum IS a green IRN. A very handsom one at that. :)

Good luck with your hunt for your feathery friend. :)
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

pinkdevil wrote:Hi eshwaar.

The bird pic in the forum IS a green IRN. A very handsom one at that. :)

Good luck with your hunt for your feathery friend. :)
thank im actually very surorise at how little some breeders know about this bird. its even harder to find a color that breeds this color, ive found a few that breeds the lutino and blue mutatons, but no one for the green how weird is that.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

That is really weird, most breeders i have heard about have green IRN's. If you have any questions just ask, ill try to anwser all of them if i can.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Shame you didn't live in Australia. I have 3 young green ones from last breeding season that I need homes for. lol

The green colour seems quite common here, but I read that alot of green coloured IRNs are splits and the "pure" green is becoming harder and harder to find. :)

Here is a pic of one of green males ....
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

xx_sheena_xx wrote:That is really weird, most breeders i have heard about have green IRN's. If you have any questions just ask, ill try to anwser all of them if i can.
well there saying that most people dont like the green color, theres a more demand for the lutino and blue color. they are very nice colors but i find that when male green irn mature they look really majestic, to bad.
eshwaar

Post by eshwaar »

pinkdevil wrote:Shame you didn't live in Australia. I have 3 young green ones from last breeding season that I need homes for. lol

The green colour seems quite common here, but I read that alot of green coloured IRNs are splits and the "pure" green is becoming harder and harder to find. :)

Here is a pic of one of green males ....
what a shame............i have the worst luck, and what a stud, if u we were in the same country i would have snatched him up without any problem
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Yeah, i think people dont like them as much because they are the wild/natual colouring. I think them but i prefere blue, dont know why but i just think their really pretty :D
bec

Post by bec »

the greens are beautiful my daughter has on & i have one
i dont think i actually have a favourite color of irn i just love the personality of all of them they are al so very different

pink i love your bird hes a stunner!!!!!!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks Bec, I have another green male that was apparently bred from show stock, or so I was told. I will get a pic up of him as well. :)
bec

Post by bec »

more birdy pics yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family eshwaar & Pink your boy is beautiful.

I have one green male, one blue male and one lutino male and one lutino female.

I love the blue for the rich colour and black mixed with white ring.
I adore the lutino for the lack of black and mix of red and white in the ring

But the Green, the true and original reason for them all, has all the colours, yes even blue. See the one on the forum, the greens have the black, red and small flash of white around the neck which is then hazed and blended beautifully with the nicest and most subtle pale blue hue that spills into the green so beautifully, also one beautifully long slender flight feather in a bright beautifuly blue. Then yellow ? yep that too, flashes of yellow under the flight feathers and on the underside of the tail feathers particularly at the base.

And !! I believe the greens have the best nature of them all.

From My experience with the males, the blue seems to be strong and dominant like Kings, the lutino's are slender playful little jokers and very spoilt and moody, but the Greens are Gentle and inquisitive yet still holding a dominant but very sure and loving nature.

Anyway I could study and rant about these birds for ever and a day so I better shut up now.

:D Again Welcome
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

bec

Post by bec »

kyria wrote:
And !! I believe the greens have the best nature of them all.

From My experience with the males, the blue seems to be strong and dominant like Kings, the lutino's are slender playful little jokers and very spoilt and moody, but the Greens are Gentle and inquisitive yet still holding a dominant but very sure and loving nature.

kyria riku & pickle (my greens) blushed & said thanks
gen jen & kieron well of course we act like that we are wonderful
bec

Post by bec »

& skeet & orchid said why wasnt our color mentioned?(silver)

sorry about the post being in 2 parts but my computor is having on of those days when it decides to randomly turn itself off

i tend to agree with kyrias obsevations and would like to add that the silvers tend to be a bit bossy (at least my 2 are but that could also be a mother / daughter thing too)
altho even with the color similarities the are all so very different too
never a dull momment from the second you bring any color irn into your family
TerryC

Post by TerryC »

I prefer the green over any other color and that green in the photo is just gorgeous. I have two green males (recent rescues) and can't wait for them to display their true colors. Now they're properly housed and on a healthy diet. One of them (Pika) is very dull at the moment, missing his entire tail feathers and had his wings hacked straight across, close to the bone..poor baby looks nothing like he should...
jostad4

Post by jostad4 »

Here is my beauty - Max, a grey Indian Ringneck I got from a breeder in Southern California.
Parrotlover - there are no bad parrots, only bad owners!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww sorry I didn't mention all the colours, but I haven't had experience with them so can't comment :wink: Your Max is lovely !!

Bec, you and I both have green pickles .. hehehe :lol:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

jostad4

Post by jostad4 »

Thank you! I just got Max's brother yesterday (same clutch). We named him Ducky - he's the light blue color. :)
Parrotlover - there are no bad parrots, only bad owners!
Janet

Post by Janet »

I have two lutinos, a turquoise blue and a green. They are all beautiful. I called my green Summer because she looks like the grass in summer. I would love a grey but my husband is already calling me the mad parrot woman.

I would also love a violet. Someone has just started breeding them locally so I live in hope.
Ringneck <3

Post by Ringneck <3 »

hey jostad get me the name of that breeder! ive been looking everywhere for breeders in southern california :[] closest i can find is in oakland :( any ways get me that breeder :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: lol :)
-Lucas :wink: