I really need help please

Moderator: Mods

lutino

I really need help please

Post by lutino »

Hi,
My IRN Jasper (female) has become very aggressive in the last couple of weeks, and its getting worse. Yesterday she bit my face and damaged my finger quite badly-she wouldnt let go and now its like its been slammed in a door, all bruised. She has been making my hands bleed too. As soon as she does this i put her in her cage and cover her up for awhile. However, this makes her more angry so when i let her out she is more viscous!
I dont know what to do, this has happened all of a sudden. She use to be very gentle and affectionate.
I was wondering if this is just bluffing, shes about 7 months.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I haven;t had much experience with female fids .. but at that age i would suggest bluffing or even coming into a moult.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

lutino

Post by lutino »

I think shes already been through a molt, she has but it was light
lutino

Post by lutino »

Shes been pining her eyes at me alot too. Don't know what to do :cry:
Janet

aggressive bird

Post by Janet »

I have two lutinos. My female got very nasty at about the same age as yours. My boy cruised through without too much drama. They are now about 17 months.

I can tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Pinning her eyes is a sign she is about to strike! Don't let her do it. I put mine on the table, brought out some foot toys and some treats and let her play around me. I would feed her treats. But I watched her eyes. If she looked like she was about to attack, I would pull my hand back and not let it happen.

I had huge chunks out of me before I started to manage the situation. It seemed that when she learned she could not bite me because I was quicker than she was, she settled down pretty quickly. Now, we are the best of friends although she likes to run up, nip at my foot and run away again. I have a feeling she thinks it is funny. She climbs all over me now, rubs her beak against my face and gives me parrot kisses.