My bird is so FAT that things can orbit around her![picture]

Moderator: Mods

SylvieBB

My bird is so FAT that things can orbit around her![picture]

Post by SylvieBB »

Help! i need urgent assistence. my bird is very very fat, she eats whatever i give her and she eats all the time. she is also very lazy and won't do any exercise...

i don't know what should i give her to eat and how often. until now i have given seeds, veggies, fruits and vitamins in her water. i know it's not healthy for them to be so fat. you can see for yourself why am i so scared.Image please help! :shock:
Janet

Fat bird

Post by Janet »

Hi,

You could try putting small amounts of food at different places around the cage so he has to climb to get to it. You can also use foraging toys, the ones you put food in so they have to work hard to get their meal. My guys' cage is bigger so they have to climb further. Also, they have lots of things to do, shred and climb on. My guys seem to be busy all day except for nap time about midday. I put in a small tree branch with leaves and they spend ages shredding the leaves and chewing on the twigs. May be he is lazy because there is nothing much to make him curious. I have read that you need to change their toys and things every week or couple of weeks because they get bored easily. I know how interested they get when I introduce something new for them.

I have one bird who likes to eat more than the others. But she is also active and busily entertained.

If you don't have any foraging toys, you can put some nuts and dried fruit in a scrunched up paper bag. He will have to rip it apart to get to the food. You can also put fruit and nuts in a toilet roll that has been scrunched at the ends. My guys love to find things!!