bertie pics

Moderator: Mods

jenny s

bertie pics

Post by jenny s »

here are a couple of pics of bertie

im not sure if he is male or female but is around 2 years old but cant be sure on that either as he is a rescue

ImageImage

he is still very scared
thefarmofcool

Post by thefarmofcool »

I would say first of all Bertie is beautiful :) and is female, as you can see the ring around its
neck is a light green, males generally have a little orange or blue on the ring.
jenny s

Post by jenny s »

i never dreamed id have a bird as im not really a lover of them but when i was told he was no longer wanted and was going to be let out in the wild i took him in, he has had 4 home already in his short life and is an absolut nightmare. doesnt like any food i try him except seed mix doesnt play with toys, hates being looked at the list is endless. hopefuly with love he will get better
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

lovely ! .. time patience and hard work will see him settle down. Trust and bonding takes alot of time and plenty of interaction, may take months or years but if you are persistent anything is possible with these little darlins.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

jenny s

Post by jenny s »

here is another one

ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Aww i miss seeing long beautiful fully flighted IRN wings. My guy has his wings clipped cus he is a little ****.

She is beautiful :)
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Oh he/she is just beautiful!!! Your last pic looks like your ringneck might be a male. All that black down the side of the beak. What a cutie!!

Have you tried broccoli, red capsicum (bell peppers), cheese (small amounts). My fellow likes all of those things plus all-bran (in small amounts), baby spinach leaves, any curries that we eat, corn on the cob (has to be presented to him on his birdy skewer), potatoes of any kind but especially mashed. Sprouts of any kind he really loves too!! Ooops forgot chillies...Tricky loves chillies....the hotter the better.....then he gives me hot kisses...lol.
jenny s

Post by jenny s »

thanks for the replys

im sure i can see ittle bits of pink round his neck too

chooky i will try him/her with that list of foods thanks :D
bec

Post by bec »

bertie is gogeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anothe r food that seems to work with all 5 of my irns is popcorn i use a popcorn maker so theres no oil its popped by hot air & i dont add any thing they all love it!!!!!!