Being really bitey..

Moderator: Mods

Briony

Being really bitey..

Post by Briony »

the last few days nibbler has been doing more than his fair share of biting and making a racket, could this be because of the changing in weather?

thanks
Peachykeen

Post by Peachykeen »

All my birdies are going though a loud and destructive phase right now. Called a few friends who have IRN and they too are going through some really loud squawking and biting everything and tearing stuff up.

It might be a weather change thing. Mine are about to drive me NUTTERS. But I do have more than one. Hope it quiets down soon... :shock: They are usually not this loud!
Suzanne- NC- USA
Briony

Post by Briony »

yeah tell me about it i have 4.............. and it seems as thought they are non stop from about 7 am till they go to bed
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Where abouts are you in the world? How old is Nibbler now? Here in Aus its breeding season. My 2 have been cranky snappy little monsters lately. :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Briony

Post by Briony »

Im in Gladstone Queensland...... Nibbler would be coming up to his first birth day in september (going by what they told me when i bought him..
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Still a bubby! :D This should pass in time. Just remember to keep ignoring those bites.
Jibby has been attacking me lately whenever I try to clean his poop up. He usually does this every breeding season. Hes like a magpie in 'swooping season'. :roll: Just hormones!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Briony

Post by Briony »

yeah he is still a babe in arms :P

usually he will only try ti bite when im getting him out of his cage, and if im quick its like he forgets to try. occasionally he will bite me on the nose and its straight back in the cage and covered up....

its like a mad house here atm they are all acting weird
ikklehen

Post by ikklehen »

Hi! Beauty is a bit nibbly too but he is new to me I have had him less than a week but he is tame and lands on my head and shoulders. I cover my ears up with a head band so he doesn't see them.... he seems just innocently obsessed with pink human bits! I never turn my face to him when he's on my shoulders or he would bite of my shnozzle!
I wear longsleeved tops too and cover my neck up this seems to help me and Beauty with his nibbly habits.... maybe you coulod try this too???

He does joust at me a little bit when he's in his cage but then he likes to lick the tip of my nose when he's in his cage but if I went too near with that manouvre I know that beak will have my schozzle for dinner!

:roll: