Mating dance at 8 months?

Moderator: Mods

Briony

Mating dance at 8 months?

Post by Briony »

hey everyone :)

last night was watching Nibbler and he looked like he was doing a mating dance (to what i dont know)

he had his wings out a little in a heart shape and had his eyes pinned and was bobbing his head and tilting it to the side, he also had his feathers in tight (skinny mode we call it :)) whilst doing this he was talking / clucking........ ive been pretty sure he is a boy all along, does this prove it and is 8 months an unuaual age for this behaviour?

thanks
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I wouldnt be too sure.. you cannot at 8 months determine the sex. Yes they will dance and do there very best to confuse us even at this age. :roll:
Yoda, was doing the dance for his first year, even better than Jibbys dance, but have not seen him do it since and now all I see is a whole lotta girl! :lol: Will we see the dance again? I dont know! :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Briony

Post by Briony »

Hi Lauren :)

the other thing is when i got fry nibbler tryed to feed him/her......... is a strange one thats for sure :)
Lila_

Post by Lila_ »

Hi Briony

Yeah Dodo's a DNA'd girl around 8 months and she dances and barfs for me daily. bit weird like that... She started a few months ago but she's getting quite good at it though! she does it most enthusiastically when I've given her a tasty treat - let me tell you it doesnt always smell too great.

guess you might have to wait a little longer to find out :s
DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

I will try to catch George doing his dance to Mildred, he raises his left foot 3 times and then feeds her