May as well introduce my flock

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

chobah

May as well introduce my flock

Post by chobah »

I have posted a few times already but never got around to any formasl introductions. My name is Katie, my husband Bill and I rescue ringnecks. We have 5 birds in all, only one of which was purchased from a breeder. My first bird is Louis he is 6 years old, and constantly acting like pepe le pew, chasing my girls around calling "Hello baby". he is handicapped from having his wings pinioned (poor baby) he gets around fine, but i feel very badly for him. My second bird is Cyble the attack IRN. We rescued her from a situation where she sat in a basement room with a few other birds for her entire life. she is 11 years old, still very flighty around most people, but she LOOOOOVES my husband and is finally becoming easier to handle. My next girl David Hasselhoff lived at a colledge kids party lair. she was well cared for as far as attention goes, but was abused by drunk teens and came in contact with a lot of smoke from ciggs and god knows what else. she is 6, and is our love bug. she would stay with me all day if she could. we are working on flight suit training her "birdie diaper" so she can come out in the summer on adventures. she is the best behaved, and even my 3 year old daughter can handle her. number 4 is pickles. she was bred as a pet, handfed, then left to go feral. she is still a bit wacky but coming around nicely. last but not least is our new baby Toki, he is blue ( all the others are greenies) and only 10 weelks old. we just got him yesterday so we don't know much about him except that he is a cuddle monster :). we live in massachusetts.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Wow your a ringneck addict lol if i had the space id be the same :shock: they all sound fantastic and what you have done for them is great.
WELCOME :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Good on you chobah for rescuing those poor birds from god knows what. Isn't it amazing what a bit of love and kindness will do.

It sounds like your birds are going to have a great and happy life now. :)

And congrats on your newest memeber......now known as Toki!!! :P

8)
chobah

Post by chobah »

I guess we kinda are ringneck addicts :) when we first got louis, we fell in love with the breed. My kids and I spend the better part of our day, in between chores and all that fun stuff, playing with the birds, and giving them new snacks to try. We gave Toki his very first pear today, and it was love at first bit ;) they are a fixture in our daily lives, and we try to include them in as many things as we can. I grew up with yellow nape amazons, and as much as I loved playing with them, nothing beats our ringnecks.
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Hi Katie, nice to meet you and what a sweet fids you have there! I enjoy reading their story and thanks for sharing it with us.

LOL you named one of your girl with David Hasselhoff?? :lol: :lol: She is going to be a big girl then, :D
chobah

Post by chobah »

Well, I didnt origonally name the bird david hasselhoff. it was just her name from her previous home at the party house. I didnt want to change her name when she already knew it. she can't say it, but she knows when she is being addressed :) I usually call her hoff now for short. She doesnt seem to mind.