Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

Indian Ringneck Weird Head Feathers HELP!!

Moderator: Mods

Parrotlover101

Indian Ringneck Weird Head Feathers HELP!!

Post by Parrotlover101 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:35 pm

So i got my IRN 2 months ago today it is 6-7 months old i got it from a well known breeder the IRN recieved had some feather loss on his head the breeder said it was because of his parents plucking them now i noticed a little feather growing on his head when will his feathers grow back please help also the breeder said that he should recover the feathers in a week or two he has recovered some just not all PICS DOWN BELOW
Attachments
IMG_3745.jpg
IMG_3744.jpg
IMG_3741.jpg

Melika

Re: Indian Ringneck Weird Head Feathers HELP!!

Post by Melika » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:37 am

Good news, he's not plucking himself. :)

It takes a while for new feathers to grow in. Just be patient and enjoy your new parrot!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay

ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Indian Ringneck Weird Head Feathers HELP!!

Post by ringneck » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 am

Melika is right! Your bird looks a bit patchy, but in a healthy way. I would not worry. Give your bird a few weeks and everything will be back to normal. Besides, I see feather loss on the back of the head--this is a place where his/her beak cannot get. :) I think it's pretty safe to say you're in good shape, and so is your birdy! :)

Best Wishes, :wink:

IMRAN-C