Wondering bout housing

Moderator: Mods

Hermionestwin

Wondering bout housing

Post by Hermionestwin »

Hi,
I was reading in a book, about how ringnecks, like nightlights is this correct, i cover my bird during the night. should i use a nightlight?
She is onlyh 71 days old, i got just last saturday.
pinkdevil

Re: Wondering bout housing

Post by pinkdevil »

I do not use a night light with my indoor birds.

I guess if a bird does have alot of night frights, then a dim background light may be used to help.

I had solar garden lights around the avaires last year before the dog decided they tasted yummy!! :evil:
But that was only incase the aviary birds got a fright and they could, hopefully, get their bearings before hitting the wire or walls and doing themselves harm.
Hermionestwin

Post by Hermionestwin »

oh ok Thanks :)
How are your babies that your IRN had last year?
i got a new baby IRN last week, and i have just noticed one her beak its like peeling, is that normal? My previous one who flew away, i think she had the same thing on her beak, but she was much older than this new one....
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My babies from last season are going well. I have started to teach them simple tricks. They don't seem to be picking it up quite as easy as my Lutino that I have just taught, but they are getting there.

I am not sure what you mean by beaks peeling. My birds beaks do kinda 'wear' away from chewing on the cuttle bone, wood and what ever else takes their fancy lol.

Maybe a photo to help show what you mean.