Dont know what to do?

Moderator: Mods

baby_bella

Dont know what to do?

Post by baby_bella »

i have a deliema or how ever you spell it...

im interested in getting another bird but i dont know what to get and i value all your opinons, i was thinking either a sun conure or another IRN? which one would you choose? just outta curiosity? i know a great breeder and she is breeding both atm. im just stuck... i know if i get another IRN bella acould make babies and that would be so cool, but sun conures are so adorable so im stuck! :?

what would you all do? do sun conures and IRN get along well, my baby is only 7 weeks so im pretty sure she could adapt to a bro or sis weither it is an IRN or sun conure.

I wish i could get both but my finances keep saying no! :roll:

So confused! :?
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Just remember if you choose another IRN you still may not want to house them together. I do NOT house mine together, they are known to bond together, thereby not wanting much to do with us.

I have two IRN's and a cockatiel. I just got Cheif a week ago, he is 2 months old. All of my birds are housed seperately. I absolutely recommend a cockatiel. They are much less needy than ringnecks, less active and most cuddlely. Other than eating basically the same diet, they are completely different birds.

I got the 'tiel so the kids would have a bird to play with, as my girls only allow my husband and I to handle them. Cheif, on the otherhand, doesnt seem to prefer anyone over another.

The 'tiel is a nice change of pace when you have IRNs because they just kind of sit there, looking pretty. Not into everything like a two yr old (as my girls do).
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

A sun conure???

Post by Dani03 »

Just so you know suns must me the loudest bird on this planet! They have ear peircing screams that one never gets used to. And I am guessing that two IRNs would be just as noisy. I agree with Mikaela, try a cockatiel... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I have 3 suns and 2 ringnecks

Sun conures and Indian Ringnecks get along very well together. When I had one IRN and one Sun they were always together and preened each other and so on. I had no problem interacting and playing with both of them.

IRNS are more independant. Suns are affectionate and cuddly they get into everything and anything they like playing. Suns are more vocal but when I only had one she was very quiet.

I would strongly suggest getting a sun conure. Two IRNs may become a problem for you if they get agressive later or would like to be with each other rather than you. Plus you get to experience two different types of wonderful birds

see my gallery at

http://www.adelaidebirdclub.com/abckazpics.html
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

thanks for your replies....

Im not a very big tiel fan! sorry guys but ive had over 5 in my life and i find them a bit boring, they are lovely birds and do make great pets for the littlies but i think ive just grown out of them because ive had them all growing up... plus my parents dont like them either! :roll:

dont get me wrong they are great but i prefier the parrots! :P

Im thinkin of getting the sun conure, but hey they wont be ready for 3 months so ill have a good time to think! thats anyway and im going to check out ur site? i had a quicvk look before at it, do you know of any bird clubs in perth im interested in joining one... :?: :D
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

you are in luck there is an event there later in perth so I got this link that might help you. It's a shame they dont have their own sites but at least you have some numbers to call for more info http://www.birdswa.org/
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

A bit boring lol

That is why I suggested one, figured you had your hands full with two IRNs.

They certainly arent active, to say the least though mine is just a baby. He wouldnt move his lazy butt all day if I didnt make him. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

I got used to my Sun Conures screams, they are outside in an aviary and the only time i ever hear them is when they see somebody, everytime they see someone they think they are about to get fed :lol:
Sun Conures are great and i would recommend them to anyone
Melika

Post by Melika »

If you want the conure personality without the noise, you can look at black capped, green cheeked, maroon bellied, and painted conures.

Painted conures are so gorgeous! All the ones I've listed are Pyrrhua conures, suns are Aratinga. Pyrrhuas are just as playful but known to be quiet, even reccomended for apartment people.

I highly reccomend them, and agree that 'tiels are boring, lol. :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

I think Green Cheeks would be the most quietest and affordable of the Conures in Oz
Melika

Post by Melika »

Ohhhhh, I forget bird availibility is different in Aus, lol. :oops:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay