Datsun... I hope this works!

Moderator: Mods

Datsun and Family

Datsun... I hope this works!

Post by Datsun and Family »

-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Not only is your baby a cutie, New Zealand is beautiful. Surprised yall dont get more tourism. I think I will have to check it out eventually.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Chamon,
Datsun is beautiful! What color is she? I thought all this time she was yellow and now in these photos she doesn't look yellow at all. How fun it must be to be able to take her places! I'm so envious! I would lose Byndi for sure if I even thought about taking him out! What wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Jen & Byndi
Dani03

So cute!

Post by Dani03 »

I just love Datsun...he looks like he's a cheeky fellow. Prinny does that too, in all of her pictures she has this attitude about here...which is so true of course :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Datsun and Family

Thanks guys!

Dats is a bit odd she is a green but her belly is very pale. Depending on what light she is in she can look yellowish but her wings are a much darker green.

Prinny and Datsun have cheeky in common then because never have I met a cheekier bird!

Thanks for the kind comments! You made us blush!

Datsun was worried people would notice she always wears the same outfit :oops:
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That is actually what I admire about her. Her color. I think because Baby is such a DEEP DARK green, she is an emerald, the breeder just didnt realize it I suppose. Or did and failed to mention it. Next time the breeder clips her I will know for sure.

Baby is MUCH darker than Boo and Boo is pretty dark. By dark I dont mean just the depth but the entire color in general on Baby is emerald, not green. She has much more blue in her feathering also.

Your babies darkest areas look like Boo's lightest (under her chin and feathers ect.She is a normal green) Dats is beautiful, uncommon green and I love her for it! Makes her look more sweet and vulnerable. SO CUTE! Personality Plus!

They say pale = inadequate diet... I know thats NOT the case with Dats, heck you and I cant eve leave our babies at home. :oops:
Last edited by Mikaela on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Mikaela Sky

*mia*

Post by *mia* »

she is beutiful!!
Jade

Post by Jade »

Datsun has the some colourings as my Chookie. Chook is really yellow under the wings - is Datsun? I couldn't tell from the photos.

Chooks mum was yellow and his dad was a green split yellow. Chook had two clutch mates - Yellowy and Greeny, who as their names suggest, one is green like Chook and the other is a solid lutino yellow.

I think the paleness in the feather colour comes from the parentage. What colour were Datsun's 'parents'?
Datsun and Family

Well you could be right it is possibly diet, Datsun was improperly hand reared and sold to me too young not fully weaned and being completely inexperienced I had no clue! I feel so bad now but I really didnt know what I was in for!

I fell for the cheeky green bird splashing everyone who walked past her cage and had to have it... so I went home did some research and got her the next day. I know so much now but only what she has taught me and from everyone here. Datsun now enjoys all the good things in life... tormenting the cat, eating my food, driving in the car, the best diet knowledge and money can buy and now a HUGE 4 foot long cage :D

Yes Jade, under her wings are a brilliant yellow.

She is a healthy, happy bird and I couldnt love her more :wink:
-Chamon-

Datsun and Family

A bird "expert" told me she thought Datsun was a boy... What do you guys think? I have been told many different opinions and I dont really mind, Datsun is.... Datsun, I love my baby no matter what but I would love to hear all opinions.

I figure female until proven otherwise but if we have a boy he will be seen as a flirt! Datsun says: "Are you a dirty girl?" (dont even ask how she picked up that 1, I still cant work it out!)

Tell me please any thoughts on Datsuns sex, in these potos shes about 10-11 months but now shes almost a year.
-Chamon-

Jade

Post by Jade »

I'm no expert on sexing birds. I just always equate cheekiness with maleness! All my girl birds seem really bitchy compared to my dopey male ones. Again, I think I am being sexist :lol:

I always thought Chook was a boy from the get go. Jamie was positive he was a she. Until he was 18 months old and got his first orange feather which proved his sex. No matter what sex he turned out to be, I loved him all the same.

I still have Chuckles and Sunny (who are only 1), whose sexes I have my suspicions about, but will let you know if my theory proves correct.