Noise!!

Moderator: Mods

Bryan

Noise!!

Post by Bryan »

Hey, I was wondering the noise level of the Indian ringneck? I have had two noisy cockatiels and currently four budgies. I have a three story house, which my budgies live on the third story, on the third story is also a laundry and a TV and out of seven people in my family only me and my mum go down there. Do you reckon I have a house suited for a ringneck? I really want to know are these birds so irritating and do not stop squawking? 8)
Melika

Post by Melika »

The main site here has some recordings of ringneck calls.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks. Do they make these calls all day?
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

They can get really loud but usually vary in volume from quiet, to talking to themselves, to screaming their little heads off. It's a bird thing you get used to it, some of it depends on the bird too.

My birds are super noisy when I wake up, when I get home, when I let them out, and when they are scared, thats about it. They are quiet when they are playing, chewing, eating and sleeping.

Aviary ringnecks scream when people are around, You go to some breeders and you walk along the banks of aviaries and the noise travels with you. The birds far away are queit and the birds where you are scream nice and loud. It's interesting.
Dani03

Um...

Post by Dani03 »

Noise depends on the bird. You really can't gauge one of these guys against another. My Prinny is pretty much quiet but there are some who wont shut up. If you can catch it while they are young adn train them that screaming at all hours is not a good thing then you should be fine. Get a younger one if you can help it... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thanks guys for your reples im sorry to bothrt you and i know there is about a thousand articles on noise but im too lazy to find them :lol: :lol:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yes ringnecks are in the same family as alexandrines and can be quite noisey. Their contact call can be as noisey as a smoke detector or car alarm at times. But then again some days they are quiet, it just depends. Be prepared for jungle and monkey chatter at morning mid afternoon and just before dusk and you will be just fine. Personally I LOVE !! the noises Kai makes, I find it naturally comforting. And its all a part of his commuicating with me. Cheers!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I find it extremely comforting, as well.

Dont care for the contact call though, how annoying!

It is actually SO loud, it deafens your ears for a mintute, or I have something wrong with mine... ears that is hehe
~ Mikaela Sky

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

tell me about it!! bella makes the cutest screech when he is getting feed but lately he has been doing it when he is excited too!! the whole head bopping thing happens to,,, she goes so fast sometimes i think it may fall off.... :lol: its so cute when she coos to just that little chatting noise i agree with the other girls its really comforting but nothing can bet a whistler canary for a beautiful song, sounds like your in a rainforrest! :)
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Your avatar is TOO BIG *giggle*

It makes the user have to scroll left/right to read posts, after your post. haha.

Need help making it smaller? 640x480 is peeeerfect! Let me know if you need help making it smaller.

Easiest way is probably to use your editing program to make the pic 640x480. Then reload it on your webpage, then download it as your avatar, as you did before.

Not picky! But all the scrolling becomes cumbersome and I dont want anyones information being over-looked because of lazy scrollers haha.
~ Mikaela Sky

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

thanks M i was just about to ask if anyone could help me with that! hehe ill see how long it takes me to do! haha be back soon........

I hope :oops:
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

yay! it finally looks good! hehe :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yay! Good job hunny. Felt like such a b*tch to say anything but uhm, it was ANNOYING! *giggle*

Scroll? Too much like work!
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Ringneck screeches can be deafening if said bird is sitting on your shoulder at the time :P

I dont mind anything in small doses, I just cant stand constant screaming.