Charlie, please know I loved you.

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Roxxy

Charlie, please know I loved you.

Post by Roxxy »

I came here as a suggestion from another member to post about my beloved Charlie.

I am crying as I type this and it's been a few weeks since he was killed. I guess it has affected me more as I had bonded with the baby over the short time he was with me.

Charlie was a bird that was bought on a whim as he seemed so scared and lived in less than ideal conditions (over crowding etc). Anyhow, I had to take him home .He was lovely, full of personality and so very affectionate. We got to know each other very well during the 2 months. I miss him so so much, it hurts.

I think I have taken this so badly as he was my responsibility and so young. I over analyse everything that occured on that hectic day that he was killed and his final moments play over and over in my mind (even though I didn't witness it). It all happened in a few minutes and he was gone.

Charlie, I miss you, I love you so and I am terribly terribly sorry I wasn't able to be there for you and to save you.

I don't know what to say to you except it broke my heart the day you died and I love you.
bec

Re: Charlie, please know I loved you.

Post by bec »

im sure he knew how much you loved him
fly free charlie
poor baby im crying for you as i read this
so bad my sons cat (who normaly only sees me
as a source of food is giving me mad lovings !!!!!
Roxxy

Post by Roxxy »

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I don't know why this has upset me so much, afterall I didn't have him as part of the family for that long, but it has upset me as I think I feel a sense of guilt.
I just have to forgive myself as I did try and do everything right by him, but the circumstances of that fateful afternoon, everything went wrong.

I loved him so and he was the sweetest little thing. I might post a few photo's up later if I can figure that part out.
Roxxy

Post by Roxxy »

In memory of my little Charlie. Miss you and love you little guy.

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Very sorry about little Charlie :(

He looked similar to one fo my girls.

R.I.P Charlie.
delboy

Post by delboy »

ah bless words cant express .
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

So sorry for your loss, Roxxy. I understand exactly how you feel. And I can see you beating yourself for Charlie's death as I am doing for my Buttercup's death. Its because we blame ourselves for their dying. Maybe you will feel better if you talk about how he died. I also did'nt want to talk about how my IRN died as I was embarrassed at my own carelessness but I will soon write about it. :oops: :cry: