Cage covering...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Cage covering...

Post by Mikaela »

Well, night before last I made a HUGE mistake. I covered Boo's cage because one of my boys had an important exam and she just would not stop the wild sqwauking. I lost my temper and threw a blanket over her cage. She was then quiet.

However, since she has been very mad at me. She is now nippy and pouty. I had never covered a cage before, though I know some of us do. She is SO mad at me.

After pissing her off, how long does it usually take them to 'get over it'?

Poor punkin is so upset, I'll never ever cover her again. :(

She is so sensitive, nothing like Baby. Baby could care less about anything. She is so happy even I envy her. Boo is just a nervous wreck. If the slightest thing changes she falls apart. One HUGE downside of adopting a pre-owned bird. You never know what they have been through. Now I feel like I rehashed some kind of awful experience for her.

She still wants me to touch her and hold her but she is doing this spiteful 'Nip her when she aint looking' thing. She is obviously very pissed off at me and I have never made one of my girls upset.

How long are they usually over being pissed off?
~ Mikaela Sky

tasha

Post by tasha »

Hi Mikaela

I don't know if boys are the same, worse or better than girls but it usally takes about 1 week for my boy to forgive.

Tasha
Tasha & Indy
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My goodness they hold a grudge... she took a hunk out of my forearm today.

It hurts my feelings. I wish she could understand I know I did something she didnt like and wont again. I can handle a week, thank you for replying. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

Jade

Post by Jade »

Sorry. I know that this sounds like I'm rubbing it in, but my Chook is pretty forgiving. He will let me know he's pissed but generally after, say 5 minutes of alone time, he wants attention again and sucks up. Maybe he's just being a boy or is a bit dense and forgot what he was mad about :roll:
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Dats will hold a grudge with me but not with James (her Dad) I generally have higher expectations for her, behaviour wise, so she gets in trouble with me more.

Most of the time its an hour or less, sometimes a day but once it lasted a week. Datsun is very eager to please so if she gets told off she will generally wolf whistle and say "awww thank you" which is what I say when she gives me things. Silly bird shes such a clown.

Good luck Mikaela hope she gets over it soon!
-Chamon-

selma

Post by selma »

the only time bibou was really mad at me was after the wing and toenail clipping. And that also lasted a week. No grudge against the dad either, just me. More and more i'm beginning to think he's a girl. When i step too close to him he squawks like crazy. When the dad does the exact same he just opens his mouth but not a sound. :roll:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

No grudges with vet visits but she is not willing to get over the whole cage cavering thing. She is still sleeping (or has her head tucked, ignoring me) so we'll see how today goes.

Welp, through all of this it seems as though we learned of another pattern. Girls take longer to get over being pissed off than guys, HA imagine that. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

I have covered Bobby each night ever since I have had him or her, I suppose (I'll say he) takes it as being the norm. His cage is in the lounge with us all the time so he can hear what is going on, but he has never bitten or sulked at all. He is just on a year now, and is so cuddly it is unreal, just loves to cuddle under my chin in the evenings, and buries his beak inbetween my fingers, he stays like that for an hour or more, or until I put him to bed.