Pix of my Guys!

Moderator: Mods

Omnicromm

Pix of my Guys!

Post by Omnicromm »

Hi Guys i want to show you my two Guys/Girls (i dont know the sex yet) they are Daikir and Kiwi they have been living with me for about 11 months they came very young to my home, Kiwi (the green one) had a kind of moult some time ago, not a full one not sure why, Daikiri (the gray one) have not moult that is shy he/she still have the feather in the same shape that they came here, they came from a very bad seller they where in two cages with another 40-50 birds in a very bad conditions they were only having sunflower seed and corn to eat, they were very afraid of me at first, but now 11 months later they are reciving snacks from my hand, kiwi with open cage and daikir betewen bars, Kiwi started to be more attached to me because when he came he/she had a broken blood feather and i took care of him/her and that made him more attached to me, not a lot just a little step but that marked the start and the answer of why kiwi is a little bit more tammed that daikiri, no matter of that they does not allow me to touch them :( i am a little bit inclined of want to girls but according to my observation (acording to the behavior i have read) kiwi is a guy and daikiri is a girl, but that is just a suposition i will have to wait to see,i have a question maybe someone could answer is about the feet color they are not gray with balck nails are more like cream or somethig like that why is that?

Alex from Guatemala

this is kiwi (green with some kind of yellow not sure why by the way the back is more green than the front)

This is daikiri

PS by the way the are in separetad cages because Daikir was very agressive with Kiwi some time ago and not a regular agressive i have seen in amazons or lovebirds no a very nasty agressive behavior
bec

Re: Pix of my Guys!

Post by bec »

great looking birds
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Very sweet birds and well done on gaining their trust so far. Long battle but worth it in the end.
I am glad to see natural branches in the cage instead of those awful dowel perches that come with cages.

Keep up the good work.

:)
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Thanks a lot for your answers!! well i am so happy with them!!! and i hope with the time gain all their trust it has been a long battle yes but it is very interasting, by the way maybe some one of your could take a look of their feet why they are not the same color than the other pix i have seen here? they are more like cream and not gray.... but i realice that is the pigmentation not an abnormally thanks a lot for any answer guys!

Alex